I want to go doorless on my 89XJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > I want to go doorless on my 89XJ

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 09-12-2008, 06:50 AM   #1
gasmandave

I want to go doorless on my 89XJ

Having issues with cutting the hinges, do I take the door off by unbolting it or can I cut it on the Jeep? So fat I haven't bee able to work this out.
So what's the secret? Can't seem to get there from here!

gasmandave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2008, 06:59 AM   #2
XtrailratedJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Everyone says its so easy. Maybe we are just stupid, but I haven't been able to figure it out either. The angle grinder doesn't fit even with the limiting bolt thing undone...

Originally Posted by Durt_Diver:
Those pics might be a little too flexy for this thread. You don't happen to have any pics of your friends xj on a curb by chance?
XtrailratedJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2008, 07:10 AM   #3
ehall
1991 XJ Cherokee 

I cut my '91 hinges on the jeep using a Dremel extender

ehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2008, 02:05 PM   #4
lyleorszulak807
1988 XJ Cherokee 

aahhh haaa....so thats how they do it!
ROLLED & TOTALED! 89 XJ 4.0L Renix AW4 | Rustys Air intake kit Steering Box reinforcement bar Bomb proof Motor Mounts | RE HD Track Bar, drop down Bracket, support brace | Cobra 75sxt CB | 33x12.5x15 MTR's on Crager soft 8 | Teraflex and 5.5" RE HD springs | yada yada...[/CENTER]
lyleorszulak807 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.