I own a '95 XJ Inline 6 4X4 and I'm having a problem. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > I own a '95 XJ Inline 6 4X4 and I'm having a problem.

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #1
DefJeep

I own a '95 XJ Inline 6 4X4 and I'm having a problem.

I own a '95 XJ Inline 6 4X4 and I'm having a problem behind the clutch fan. The bearings went out this morning and now I'm trying to find the part and I don't know the part name. Everyone tells me it's the water pump but the water pump is on the other side of the motor. I was told it was something like the idler but still can't find any parts with "idler" in the name. PLEASE HELP!

DefJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2012, 03:03 PM   #2
440_Magnum
1999 XJ Cherokee 

http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/products/JEEP/1995/CHEROKEE40L-I6-Power-Tech--4-Speed-Automatic-AW4/BRACKET--BRACKET-ASSEMBLY---BRACKET--AC-and-Alternator-Idler-Mtg-40L-Engine--40L-Engine-1994-95--40L-Engine--wAir-LHD/4585117/53006548.html

Expensive bugger, the one for non-AC jeeps is only $90. Might see if there's a way to press a new bearing into the existing bracket- I sense an aftermarket equipment opportunity there!
2001 Cherokee Sport automatic 4x2 (sold)
440_Magnum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2012, 03:25 PM   #3
kg4kzv
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah buddy, I think if mine goes out I'll either be looking for a way to bypass it and go electric or hitting the junk yards.

Chris
I-ROK reinforcement kit, ORO U-TURN steering kit,Conversion Headlights/Silverstars And too much $$$
kg4kzv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2012, 09:04 AM   #4
440_Magnum
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg4kzv View Post
Yeah buddy, I think if mine goes out I'll either be looking for a way to bypass it and go electric or hitting the junk yards.

Chris
I can't believe someone doesn't make a kit to replace the bearing, or else offer a service to send in a core and they send you back a bracket where they've replaced the bearing. Maybe the darn things just live longer than the rest of the engine, statistically. They are pretty beefy for just a small fan.
2001 Cherokee Sport automatic 4x2 (sold)
440_Magnum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #5
kg4kzv
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 440_Magnum View Post
I can't believe someone doesn't make a kit to replace the bearing, or else offer a service to send in a core and they send you back a bracket where they've replaced the bearing. Maybe the darn things just live longer than the rest of the engine, statistically. They are pretty beefy for just a small fan.

This got me to thinking. Has anyone that converted to an electric fan been able to bypass this expensive crazy little doodad.

I know when I was in my Mustang fad people would post diagrams in how to reroute the accessory drive belt to remove certain things. Does such a thing exist for 4.0 Jeeps?

One could buy a real nice electric fan ,fan controller and a few cases of beer for what that that thing cost.

Chris
I-ROK reinforcement kit, ORO U-TURN steering kit,Conversion Headlights/Silverstars And too much $$$
kg4kzv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
'95 , clutch fan , inline , jeep , xj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.