I own a '95 XJ Inline 6 4X4 and I'm having a problem. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > I own a '95 XJ Inline 6 4X4 and I'm having a problem.

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-05-2012, 01:30 PM   #1
DefJeep

I own a '95 XJ Inline 6 4X4 and I'm having a problem.

I own a '95 XJ Inline 6 4X4 and I'm having a problem behind the clutch fan. The bearings went out this morning and now I'm trying to find the part and I don't know the part name. Everyone tells me it's the water pump but the water pump is on the other side of the motor. I was told it was something like the idler but still can't find any parts with "idler" in the name. PLEASE HELP!

DefJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2012, 02:03 PM   #2
440_Magnum
1999 XJ Cherokee 

http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/products/JEEP/1995/CHEROKEE40L-I6-Power-Tech--4-Speed-Automatic-AW4/BRACKET--BRACKET-ASSEMBLY---BRACKET--AC-and-Alternator-Idler-Mtg-40L-Engine--40L-Engine-1994-95--40L-Engine--wAir-LHD/4585117/53006548.html

Expensive bugger, the one for non-AC jeeps is only $90. Might see if there's a way to press a new bearing into the existing bracket- I sense an aftermarket equipment opportunity there!
2001 Cherokee Sport automatic 4x2 (sold)
440_Magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2012, 02:25 PM   #3
kg4kzv
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah buddy, I think if mine goes out I'll either be looking for a way to bypass it and go electric or hitting the junk yards.

Chris
I-ROK reinforcement kit, ORO U-TURN steering kit,Conversion Headlights/Silverstars And too much $$$
kg4kzv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 08:04 AM   #4
440_Magnum
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg4kzv View Post
Yeah buddy, I think if mine goes out I'll either be looking for a way to bypass it and go electric or hitting the junk yards.

Chris
I can't believe someone doesn't make a kit to replace the bearing, or else offer a service to send in a core and they send you back a bracket where they've replaced the bearing. Maybe the darn things just live longer than the rest of the engine, statistically. They are pretty beefy for just a small fan.
2001 Cherokee Sport automatic 4x2 (sold)
440_Magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 02:21 PM   #5
kg4kzv
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 440_Magnum View Post
I can't believe someone doesn't make a kit to replace the bearing, or else offer a service to send in a core and they send you back a bracket where they've replaced the bearing. Maybe the darn things just live longer than the rest of the engine, statistically. They are pretty beefy for just a small fan.

This got me to thinking. Has anyone that converted to an electric fan been able to bypass this expensive crazy little doodad.

I know when I was in my Mustang fad people would post diagrams in how to reroute the accessory drive belt to remove certain things. Does such a thing exist for 4.0 Jeeps?

One could buy a real nice electric fan ,fan controller and a few cases of beer for what that that thing cost.

Chris
I-ROK reinforcement kit, ORO U-TURN steering kit,Conversion Headlights/Silverstars And too much $$$
kg4kzv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
'95 , clutch fan , inline , jeep , xj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.