I bought an XJ this week(I think) - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 03-29-2003, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
Lonestar

I bought an XJ this week(I think)

Well guys the wife found her a Jeep this week and we bought it. She was looking for a Cherokee. What we wound up with is a '89 "Jeep Cherokee Wagoneer Limited" 4x4. Is there such an animal as this? Like I said I know nothing about Jeep models besides the CJs.
It is about the same size as the Cherokee maybe just a hair bigger i'm not sure. It is in real good shape body and motor.(4.0) 106,000 miles on it and very clean. Everything works except the power door lock from the driver side will not lock or un lock the doors. It tries to but acts like it dont have enough power or "umph" to lock the doors. We gave $3,000 for it.
My question is, what do I have?
an XJ?
a Cherokee?
A Wagoneer or what?
I know you guys will know..........LOL Thanks...

Lonestar

"It was like this when I got here".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-29-2003, 04:23 PM
RedJeepXJ

It's an XJ (cherokee), the wagoneer is basicly just an option package on a cherokee, same size, I believe they usually have power everything , part and full time 4wd and dana 44 rear axles

the wagoneer used to be a seperate model when it (and the cherokee) were full size
post #3 of 4 Old 03-30-2003, 02:08 AM
1337j33px0r

doubtful that the 89 has a d44 rear...

it's basically a more upscale/luxury model of the XJ

if it runs good, and everything works. it'll be a good Jeep!
post #4 of 4 Old 03-30-2003, 06:14 AM Thread Starter
Lonestar

Thanks guys.
I guess I do have a XJ. Now I can post questions here instead of the Wagoneer Forum.(no ones there). Like I said I am not planning to lift it or go four-wheeling, just to town for groceries and stuff. The wife and I like it so far.
I am 6-2/275lbs and it has enough room to drive it comfortably. The Blazer S-10 didnt.
Thanks again guys................

Lonestar

"It was like this when I got here".

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.