I bought an XJ this week(I think) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > I bought an XJ this week(I think)

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 03-29-2003, 03:59 PM   #1
Lonestar

I bought an XJ this week(I think)

Well guys the wife found her a Jeep this week and we bought it. She was looking for a Cherokee. What we wound up with is a '89 "Jeep Cherokee Wagoneer Limited" 4x4. Is there such an animal as this? Like I said I know nothing about Jeep models besides the CJs.
It is about the same size as the Cherokee maybe just a hair bigger i'm not sure. It is in real good shape body and motor.(4.0) 106,000 miles on it and very clean. Everything works except the power door lock from the driver side will not lock or un lock the doors. It tries to but acts like it dont have enough power or "umph" to lock the doors. We gave $3,000 for it.
My question is, what do I have?
an XJ?
a Cherokee?
A Wagoneer or what?
I know you guys will know..........LOL Thanks...

Lonestar

Unread 03-29-2003, 04:23 PM   #2
RedJeepXJ

It's an XJ (cherokee), the wagoneer is basicly just an option package on a cherokee, same size, I believe they usually have power everything , part and full time 4wd and dana 44 rear axles

the wagoneer used to be a seperate model when it (and the cherokee) were full size
RedJeepXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2003, 02:08 AM   #3
1337j33px0r

doubtful that the 89 has a d44 rear...

it's basically a more upscale/luxury model of the XJ

if it runs good, and everything works. it'll be a good Jeep!
1337j33px0r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2003, 06:14 AM   #4
Lonestar

Thanks guys.
I guess I do have a XJ. Now I can post questions here instead of the Wagoneer Forum.(no ones there). Like I said I am not planning to lift it or go four-wheeling, just to town for groceries and stuff. The wife and I like it so far.
I am 6-2/275lbs and it has enough room to drive it comfortably. The Blazer S-10 didnt.
Thanks again guys................

Lonestar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.