Hp D30 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Hp D30

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 05-22-2003, 03:38 PM   #1
LOCKED UP
Senior Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Hp D30

Decided to beef up the front end too. What year should I look for a HP d30 in? 95-99?

Are they all 27 spline, or can you upgrade to 29 er something?

Gonna get a warn hub conversion & alloy shafts with locker & gears so I guess spline doesn't matter... or does it?

98 XJ

Last edited by LOCKED UP; 05-22-2003 at 03:43 PM..
LOCKED UP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2003, 04:24 PM   #2
balloo93
Little Red Menace

1993 XJ Cherokee 

I could be wrong, but doesn't the warn kit come with new axles? I thought I remembered reading they do, but I could be wrong.

They might not give you the option of a higher spline count. On the other hand, I'd assume the replacemnet axles would be stronger than stock.

Specs in Profile.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/325707/1
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2406854/1
balloo93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2003, 07:54 PM   #3
Deaver

Re: Hp D30

Quote:
Originally posted by brcomputer
What year should I look for a HP d30 in? 95-99?

Are they all 27 spline, or can you upgrade to 29 er something?

Gonna get a warn hub conversion & alloy shafts with locker & gears so I guess spline doesn't matter... or does it?
You should look 96-1/2 to 99.

They are non-disco and have 297 UJoints,

Look at Superior Evo series axles (Super 30) from Drivetrain direct. Warn's will add 3/4" track width to each side. Evo's are alloy and allow unit bearing and no additional track width

Warn Hub Conv = ~$750 to 900
Warn inner axles = ~$350
Unread 05-22-2003, 08:07 PM   #4
LOCKED UP
Senior Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah but I want the hub conversion, don't like the non serviceable hubs, plus I'd like to unlock the hubs since I'll be going with a locker... don't really care about track width increase

98 XJ
LOCKED UP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2003, 06:02 AM   #5
dscrotty

If you're getting the warn hub conversion anyway, just find HP30 anything w/o vacuum disconnect. look enough and you might even find a free one, or damn cheap.

come to think of it, all you really need is the housing, gears and knuckles. I've seen a few housings for free on JU and somewhere else (just can't remember where)
92 XJ Laredo 4.0 5SP. 3.5" RE lift, RE adj LCA's, 31x9.5 TSL radials on AR 767's, custom hand throttle, rusty's towhooks, C4x4 rockrails, rear bumper and tire carrier, probably a few other things too.

[URL="http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=xj_sean&completed=0&sort=3&since=-1"]XJ items on Ebay![/URL]
dscrotty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.