Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

How would i replace the batt. cables on a 88-89?

823 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  severous01 
#1 ·
My last post was about a starter and i put it in 1-2-3 jsut like you guys said. Well now my buddys jeep needs new battery cables. How do i go about removing the old ones, and putting in new ones? Thanks a lot all.

#2 ·
colgate41 said:
My last post was about a starter and i put it in 1-2-3 jsut like you guys said. Well now my buddys jeep needs new battery cables. How do i go about removing the old ones, and putting in new ones? Thanks a lot all.
Not to sound to basic, but loosen nuts that hold cables on, remove cable, replace with new cable...... Id doesn't get any more simple than that.... Sorry. You can go to any auto parts store and get the replacement cables, or get thicker wire and ends and make them yourself..... Best way!! Use minimum 4awg wire, and 8awg for your connection from batt. to starter relay.... While you're doing that though, you should also add a 4awg wire from your Alt. to your Starter Relay post (dont forget the 150 amp inline fuse on this wire if you do though). Its pretty straight forward, but here's a link that's really helpful.... Click HERE!!

Hope this helps, GOod LUck:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.