How do I tell what lift I have in the back? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > How do I tell what lift I have in the back?

Metalcloak's Black Friday & Small Business Saturday SaNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 11-30-2012, 09:51 AM   #1
who_datjeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

How do I tell what lift I have in the back?

The PO told me it had a 4 inch rough country lift but somebody else told me it had a 4.5 inch lift. The latter told me that many vehicles have more lift in the back then in the front. Is this true? If I get some new leafs from my local four wheel parts and the truck gets more lift in the back than in the front is there anything I can do to even out the level?

who_datjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2012, 10:09 AM   #2
ltrail
1984 XJ Cherokee 

I'm assuming this is a full leaf pack? depending on the age you may be able to read the numbers on them. I bought a used RE 4.5", the part numbers as well as the RE stamp were evident and I found it was just that.

Second question would be why do you need new leafs?

And if the 1/2" is so noticeable then you can get a spacer for front or shackles with adjustments.
Unread 11-30-2012, 11:37 AM   #3
AustinTexasXJ
I break Things

2008 JK Wrangler 

if its a RC lift, then it will be a 4.5". they didnt make a 4" just 3" / 4.5" / 6.5".

that will probably help you.

plus just go with a 4.5" full packs and then if you need to get 3/4 spacers for the front of the XJ. the rear is gonna sit higher anyhow

Insta: @bmwalive
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
AustinTexasXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2012, 01:32 PM   #4
who_datjeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrail View Post
I'm assuming this is a full leaf pack? depending on the age you may be able to read the numbers on them. I bought a used RE 4.5", the part numbers as well as the RE stamp were evident and I found it was just that.

Second question would be why do you need new leafs?

And if the 1/2" is so noticeable then you can get a spacer for front or shackles with adjustments.
It is a full leaf pack. The arch in the leafs are not the same. Every time I go over a bump the tires rub the flares. Every where I go squeak squeak squeak all the time even when I get in and out of the vehicle. I know leaf springs are supposed to last a long time but there must have been something wrong with these.

Thanks for the input!
Unread 11-30-2012, 01:33 PM   #5
who_datjeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTexasXJ View Post
if its a RC lift, then it will be a 4.5". they didnt make a 4" just 3" / 4.5" / 6.5".

that will probably help you.

plus just go with a 4.5" full packs and then if you need to get 3/4 spacers for the front of the XJ. the rear is gonna sit higher anyhow
Thanks. It did.

Tags
how much , leaf springs , lift , rear , suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.