How do I find out if my Jeep has been serviced for recalls? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > How do I find out if my Jeep has been serviced for recalls?

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFGTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 10-26-2002, 11:57 AM   #1
White-Knight

How do I find out if my Jeep has been serviced for recalls?

Pretty much what the title says - how would I go about finding out if my Jeep has had the proper recall services done on it? And also, what am I supposed to do concerning service bulletins? Is that something that the dealer will repair or is it just a general notice?

'96 Jeep Cherokee Sport (Moss Green, 4.0L HO, automatic transmission and Command-Trac transfer case, Custom 4x4 Tow Hook brackets and hooks, Class III receiver, Blazer 55w Fog Lights). [b]Green Jeep Club Member #17[/b]
White-Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2002, 12:46 PM   #2
balloo93
Little Red Menace

1993 XJ Cherokee 

The dealer will run your Vin# and that will show if it has had any recall work done to it. As far as the service bulletins, I'm not sure, you'll have to call them and ask.

Specs in Profile.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/325707/1
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2406854/1
balloo93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2002, 01:53 PM   #3
EricsXJ
The Post man

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I think the TSBs are there to advise you that other people may have had the same problems - but they are not recalls. If you have a problem that is a described in a TSB and take it to a dealer I'm not sure if they will foot the bill for the repairs or if you have to. If its still under warranty, the warranty should cover it.

If you tell the dealer your VIN #, they should be able to tell you if any recalls are issued for it or what work has been done to it due to a recall.

For a list of the TSBs and recalls, click here -> http://www.alldata.com/recalls/

EricsXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2002, 02:37 PM   #4
White-Knight

My Jeep is a '96, so I'm out of warranty. Thanks for the info guys - I'll probably be giving my local Jeep dealer a call and see what work has or hasn't been done. From what I'm reading, doesn't look like anything major is in store no matter what the case though. A good thing I suppose. Thanks again.
'96 Jeep Cherokee Sport (Moss Green, 4.0L HO, automatic transmission and Command-Trac transfer case, Custom 4x4 Tow Hook brackets and hooks, Class III receiver, Blazer 55w Fog Lights). [b]Green Jeep Club Member #17[/b]
Unread 10-28-2002, 11:39 AM   #5
Lennyd69

If you send me your vin I'll run it and tell you if you have any recalls on your jeep. Just send it to lennyd96@aol.com
Thanks
Lenny
Lennyd69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2002, 04:28 PM   #6
White-Knight

Already checked with a local dealer here - thanks anyways though!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.