post #16 of Old 09-19-2012, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Xanatos
1991 XJ Cherokee 

So after playing with it some more. I have come to the conclusion that not only was this jeep from up north, but water had come up between the cracks in the floor pan and sat underneath the factory caulk. Where there is heavy caulking, it was rusted pretty bad. Unfortunately that happened on the floor near the wheels. If you look the picture from the rear of the Jeep in my previous post, all of that which is rusted was covered by caulk. As of now I am trying to pull up all the caulk in the Jeep, and the front leaf mounts are worse than I expected. Just wish I knew how to weld.

Live free. Stay wild.
post #17 of Old 12-13-2012, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
Xanatos
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Has anyone ever tried looking fro the rear seat cross members? While I was tearing out the floors, I mangled the cross members and can not find the passenger side anywhere. The part number is 55235812aa. It appears that these are mainly for supporting the rear seat, is this correct? I guess that is what rugsucka was talking about when he mentioned using c channel for the seat bracket. I was just wondering if anyone has done this before.

Live free. Stay wild.

Tags
floor , floor pans , panel , replace , rust