Hole in Roof Fix?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Hole in Roof Fix??

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 03-30-2013, 08:10 PM   #1
Nuckingfuts
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Hole in Roof Fix??

Just picked up a 97' xj and it looks like the previous owner drilled a hole in the roof (I can only assume for wiring??). It's smack dab in the middle of the roof though which seems kinda odd to drill a hole.

In any case, I have no use for it and I want to plug it water tight and paint to hide. The hole is about 3/4" dia and there appears to be some weathered silicone in there which I don't trust. They've also attempted to put some kind of cheap plastic cap over it (which I took off in the picture).

Got any ideas on a permanent fix? Thanks!

photo.jpg

Nuckingfuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2013, 08:16 PM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Some sort of antenna was probably installed there. 2 washer, a nut, a bolt and some silicone should fix that.

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.