HiCountry tow mounts: welding pros, take a look.. - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > HiCountry tow mounts: welding pros, take a look..

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 02-11-2011, 07:13 AM   #46
adkjeepxj
1996 XJ Cherokee 

There is nothing wrong with a stitch weld, those look like crap but I would not hate on stitch welding itself

adkjeepxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2011, 08:45 AM   #47
Ironworker709

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adkjeepxj View Post
There is nothing wrong with a stitch weld, those look like crap but I would not hate on stitch welding itself
I don't really think anyone was really hating on stitch welds themselves.

More like hating on a supposed professional company even letting that get out the door to a customer..those welds had to of passed through several people's hands before being packaged and shipped AND anyone can clearly see the poor quality.

I personaly would of welded it 100% through for the fact that peice is designed for a purpose to take ALOT of stress and beatings.

If i was concerned about warping the 3/16" plate..thats what manufacturing Jigs are for..put it all in the Jig..weld it all up..let cool in the Jig and no warpage in end result.

You can also stitch weld it until it is completely welded through.

Bottom line is this came from a supposed 'Professional Company" and a poor product got passed many eyes and hands and still got out the door.

For the sake of the companies reputation and people depending on there quality i would hope they resolved this issue and upped their standards

Never forget 9/11

"Welding is like a woman,Get 'er HOT and Penetrate"

Gotta LOVE a person who knows everything about NOTHING

The only Thing necessary for the Evil to win is a good man to do nothing....

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young,compassionate with the aged,sympathetic with the striving,and tolerant with the weak and strong--because someday YOU will have been all of these"....George Washington Carver

Want to know what an Ironworker is and the job scope of a Journeyman?..click here...http://www.ironworkers.org/becoming/careers.aspx
Ironworker709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2011, 01:41 PM   #48
adkjeepxj
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I dont think that company is in business anymore
adkjeepxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2011, 06:15 AM   #49
RMC_xj
2007 WK 

To be fair, I've abused them pretty good for a beginner wheeler: out of mud multiple times, an 18 km flat tow and I've been pulled out of some ruts where my axles and diffs were sitting on the ground, but my wheels were just spinning, with no contact on the ground. I'm knocking on wood here, but they haven't let me down.
RMC_xj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
d ring mounts , hi country , welding

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.