help with XJ lift and other adds - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > help with XJ lift and other adds

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueTrick Tabs - NalinMFG.comECGS American Made Stub Shafts

Unread 02-23-2011, 03:48 PM   #16
xjfever
Web Wheeler

1995 XJ Cherokee 

JK moabs are 5 on 5 bolt pattern and come stock with 32" tires. The TJ moabs come with 31" tires and are 5 on 4.5" bolt pattern.

1. '95 XJ country edition, 4" coils/3/4" spacers, HD leafs with extra main added in, Ironman adjustable control arms, rough country shackles, aussie locker, JK rubicon shocks, 35" mudder's, soft 8's, cobra cb
  2. Sold'99 WJ limited, 4.7L, 3" IRO lift. Bilstein shocks, JK rubicon wheels, 255/70/17's, carolina driveshaft, IRO adjustable control arms, IRO adjustable A-arm
  3. Sold '00 TJ, 4" lift, rusty's adjustable control arms, skyjacker shocks, rock krawler adj. trac-bar,rugged ridge SYE and RE driveshaft, soft 8's, 35" mud king xt's,XJ HP D30 w/aussie locker, 4:88 yukon gears, hella 500's, rock crusher diff covers
4. 04 Dodge ram 1500 quadcab, yes, it has a hemi.
5. '08 BMW X3, Mods in progress.
xjfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2011, 07:59 PM   #17
XJforlife
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Ok, I will check the classifieds and see what I can find. I was planning on using either bf goodrich all-terrains or interco TrXus sts all terrain radials. as far as lights go, what are good for grill mounting?
XJforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2011, 04:31 AM   #18
blingII
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Go with the AT KO's. Quieter, better fuel economy, road wear, wet and dry pavement manners than the more aggressive mud lug tires. If you are after fuel economy, skip the lift for reasons stated in a prior post. In case you haven't been watching the news, word is gas will easily hit $4 US a gallon by spring. I average 15 mpg highway in my lifted XJ (4.5" on 32" AT KO, 3.55 w AW4) and I don't even have the added weight of aftermarket rock bumpers, tire carriers or a big parachute of a cargo rack carrying enough lighting to cover a night time Pop Warner football game.

If you really want to wheel, find a beater, tag it, lift it, lock it, protect the rockers, tank, tranny and t-case then beat the snot out of it. You will find wheeling without worrying about how carnage may prevent you from getting where ever the day after and spending tons of money to protect sheet metal and paint VERY LIBERATING.
Unread 02-24-2011, 03:34 PM   #19
XJforlife
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah, I have been watching about the riots and gas prices. I may just go with standard AT tires and buy new exhaust and grill lights. Besides that, probably will leave it stock. had anyone run an engine control module? like a hypertech? cause im interested in finding out if they work
Unread 02-25-2011, 09:35 PM   #20
XJforlife
1998 XJ Cherokee 

So as of now, my plan is to run BFG AT KO 30's (hopefully fits stock suspension), replace the entire exhaust from header back with 2.5 inch (family friends are good friends with an exhaust shop that can mandrel bend me the entire thing) new muffler and high flow cat, hypertech power programmer and fog lights with a set of grill lights. Any suggestions for lights, muffler, cat?
Unread 02-27-2011, 08:56 AM   #21
sdhawks_2000
1989 XJ Cherokee 

31 will not affect your mileage enough to even see im running 1 4 inch and 33 and dont see a real drop in mileage the only problem i have have is the damn death wobble
sdhawks_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2011, 09:09 AM   #22
xjfever
Web Wheeler

1995 XJ Cherokee 

I would skip the hypertech programmer. It will do absolutely nothing for you except make your wallet lighter. The exhaust upgrades along with a bored throttle body and better air intake will help more. Also make sure all your ignition components are fresh and all the fluids are as well.
  1. '95 XJ country edition, 4" coils/3/4" spacers, HD leafs with extra main added in, Ironman adjustable control arms, rough country shackles, aussie locker, JK rubicon shocks, 35" mudder's, soft 8's, cobra cb
  2. Sold'99 WJ limited, 4.7L, 3" IRO lift. Bilstein shocks, JK rubicon wheels, 255/70/17's, carolina driveshaft, IRO adjustable control arms, IRO adjustable A-arm
  3. Sold '00 TJ, 4" lift, rusty's adjustable control arms, skyjacker shocks, rock krawler adj. trac-bar,rugged ridge SYE and RE driveshaft, soft 8's, 35" mud king xt's,XJ HP D30 w/aussie locker, 4:88 yukon gears, hella 500's, rock crusher diff covers
4. 04 Dodge ram 1500 quadcab, yes, it has a hemi.
5. '08 BMW X3, Mods in progress.
xjfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2011, 09:54 AM   #23
mosh-n-roll
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjfever View Post
I would skip the hypertech programmer. It will do absolutely nothing for you except make your wallet lighter.
I agree, the programmer is just a waste of money. Go with what was said in the previous post and you should notice some changes.

It is important that you keep up with fluids, and make sure you're plugs, wires, etc are in good shape also!

Sold - 98 4 door XJ, 4.0, AX15, 8.25 w/ Aussie, HP-D30 w/Aussie, 4" IRO lift, custom front bumper, 34x10.5 Super Swamper LTB's.
mosh-n-roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2011, 12:44 PM   #24
XJforlife
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Well as of 2 months ago, I replaced my plugs with E3's and my distributor and wires with a new accel unit. I'm getting ready to change the oil, the only thing I run right now is synthetic from mobile or maybe royal purple when I can find it for the right price. Also, whats every ones take on replacing the mech fan with an electric set up?

Tags
bumpers , drivetrain , lifts , lights , tires

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.