help it wont start - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > help it wont start

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-22-2008, 06:24 PM   #1
txz
1997 FSJ Cherokee 

help it wont start

I went out to my car after i got out of class to find a $100 ticket on the window and even worse it wont start , wont even begin to turn. the batterie's doing alright but theres is a cliking (not like when it wont crank.. the noise as you begin as your start you the car up) its a lot quieter noise coming from the passenger side fuse box ?? any ideas?

txz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2008, 06:47 PM   #2
cherokeekidd
1998 XJ Cherokee 

tap the starter with a hammer.. otherwise, chase down the clicking....
cherokeekidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2008, 08:07 PM   #3
duntov
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Sometimes you'll have some power but not enough to turn over the engine. How did you verify that the batteries are good?
duntov is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.