HELP ! sway bar link install - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > HELP ! sway bar link install

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 06-24-2012, 04:57 PM   #1
1987pioneer
1987 XJ Cherokee 

HELP ! sway bar link install

im not sure if im posting in the right section so lmk ...I cant get the new sway bar links to install on my xj. one link fits in the sway bar but the other is to high i tryed pulling on the sway bar but cant get it to come down far enough to get the boot and nut on the link any ideas ? these are the front sway bar links btw there the same in every way as the old ones

1987pioneer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2012, 05:43 PM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Be sure to park on level ground. If that doesn't help, one side will have a longer distance between the two sway bar link mounting points than the other side. Install the short side first, and then jack up the axle in small amounts until the second side fits.

Between 2009 when Obama took office, and 2013, median annual household incomes have fallen by more than $2,100.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2012, 07:28 PM   #3
1987pioneer
1987 XJ Cherokee 

thanks man i tryed jacking the axel up but that didnt work so instead i put the one sway bar link on and used a small block of wood to jack up the bar then i lined up the link with the hole and let the jack down its all set now... last time i tryed but i had the nut loose on the first link and when i let the jack down the nut poped off but i maned up and got it done today thanks again /btw thought you might like this car pic i saw it for sale in ny
154477_164970550204590_6965141_a.jpg

1987pioneer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2012, 08:45 AM   #4
reaxion911

A little trick i use in the trails ihook up the highside first then drive onto a small rock with the opposite side. works every time
reaxion911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2013, 05:15 AM   #5
mwitkowski24
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Im gettin ready to put in new front sway bar links and bushings tomorrow. Was wondering if any extra hardware was needed since my replacement parts didn't come with any. Should i expect to break a few bolts? and does anyone know the specs on the bolts if I had to replace them?
mwitkowski24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2013, 07:49 AM   #6
xjberto

Are sway bar quick disconnects a direct replacement for these links. Mine are shot and im wondering if its worth getting quick discos over regular sway bar links.
xjberto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2013, 07:59 AM   #7
mwitkowski24
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjberto View Post
Are sway bar quick disconnects a direct replacement for these links. Mine are shot and im wondering if its worth getting quick discos over regular sway bar links.
If you dont wheel it at all I would just go with stock replacement. But from what ive read i think it depends on the quick disconnects you buy that depends on how easy they are to install.
mwitkowski24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
sway bar link

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.