Which lift should I buy??

• Rusty's 3" full pack for $490 shipped

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • RE 6020 Super Ride 3.5" w/doetsch 3000 for $449 shipped

Votes: 16 84.2%

Help pick my lift

777 views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  XJ99 
#1 ·
Please help me decide between Rusty's 3" full pack for $490ish shipped or RE Super Ride 3.5" aal w/ Doetsch 3000 for $449 shipped. This are my two choices please help me decide.

The full pack would be nice with Rusty's but the shocks aren't as good. Its a 1996 Country 4x4 with a Chrysler 8.25. So what does everyone think?

Thanks

#2 ·
Well one thing I'd like to know before giving advice about buyin a lift is, what will the vehicle be used for, ie Road, Rocks, Mud, Everything
Also are you more concerned about quality or price. I wold sugest you get the RE SuperFlex kit with full packs. I guarentee you will regret AALs in the near future. I'm not a fan of Rusty's products, so I'll keep my mouth shut about that one.

#3 ·
It will be my daily driver, I live in Cincinnati, just moved here so haven't been to any trails. So mainly daily driving and a lil off roading.

#4 ·
Im with MSharnett about the superflex kit.

#6 ·
Super Flex RE 3.5

#7 ·
osudelt69 said:
Please help me decide between Rusty's 3" full pack for $490ish shipped or RE Super Ride 3.5" aal w/ Doetsch 3000 for $449 shipped. This are my two choices please help me decide.

The full pack would be nice with Rusty's but the shocks aren't as good. Its a 1996 Country 4x4 with a Chrysler 8.25. So what does everyone think?

Thanks
I have a buddy on a budget looking to lift his XJ 3-3.5 inches. I looked on the web and couldn't find the RE kit for that price. I give up! Where is the 3.5" RE kit with full leafs and shocks for $449.00 shipped????? :confused:

#8 ·
I would also like to know where you found he RE kit for that price. I did a lot of searching and found prices that were double that. I just installed the Rusty's 3 inch full spring packs which netted 4 in front and 5 in back. It may be a little stiff but for the price it is totally worth it. Most kits you find will start at $700.

#9 ·
Noticed one thing

I am XJ99's buddy, and I am trying to get my friend's XJ lifted.
But that 449 price for the RE was for the Add A Leaf, RE.
The Rusty's was the full spring pack. I don't think he found the full spring for 449, if he did I am all over that like
ermm
nevermind.
But for those of you that dislike Rusty's is it dislike from a drive point of view? or dislike from durability on hard core wheeling point of view? This thing won't be wheeled very hard, just needs new suspension REALLY bad. With the factory setup his springs are so sagged that the stock wheels sit under the bottom of the fender's.

Thanks

Chris

#10 ·
I say the RE kit. I have the Super Flex one and as long as your leafs aren't that bad, you'll be alright. You might also look into getting a adj. track bar. You could redrill the stock one. I did and didn't like how it looked, so I bought the RE adj. one. I also spent the extra cash for the adj. lower control arms. Does it come with discos? JKS?

And welcome to S.W. Ohio, I'm in Middletown, p.m. sometime about hitting some trails :)

#11 ·
If the rear is sagging so bad that the tires are in the wheel wells then he needs to get new packs. Adding an aal to those already shot packs isn't going to help aything. I know that no one around here like rusty's but I've heard they have undergone a change-- Their products are supposed to be better than before.

#12 ·
hscrugby said:
I am XJ99's buddy, and I am trying to get my friend's XJ lifted.
But that 449 price for the RE was for the Add A Leaf, RE.
The Rusty's was the full spring pack. I don't think he found the full spring for 449, if he did I am all over that like
ermm
nevermind.
But for those of you that dislike Rusty's is it dislike from a drive point of view? or dislike from durability on hard core wheeling point of view? This thing won't be wheeled very hard, just needs new suspension REALLY bad. With the factory setup his springs are so sagged that the stock wheels sit under the bottom of the fender's.

Thanks

Chris
DOH! :brickwall I guess I didn't read the post correctly...

Where are the best places (cheaper places) you can get the RE kits from?

#14 ·
MSHarnett]http://www.crawltech.com/catalog/default.php?cPath=161_162_163 $719.00 With shocks

http://www.redrock4x4.com/re/xj.html $679.00 with shocks + $70.00 S&H

www.dpgoffroad.com $569.95 + S&H NO shocks

So these are the cheapest places? I guess that's why I bought the OME for $799.00 (which was from DPG) it wasn't that much more then the RE kits. :D

Kit included: 4 OME shocks, front OME coil springs, rear OME leaf springs, and a set of JKS sway bar "Quicker" disconnects.

All I had to buy was the leaf spring bushings and the T-Case Drop.

:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.