Help finding a part? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Help finding a part?

Artec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300Rugged Ridge Bumpers, Winches, Performance from CCOR!JK Front Axle Truss

Unread 03-07-2007, 09:12 AM   #1
taylonr

Help finding a part?

My wife's 1996 Cherokee was stolen a couple weeks ago. They recovered it, but the crooks ripped out the keyless entry that was in the overhead console.

To do this, they tore up the console pretty good.

Both my insurance company and the shop (mechanic, not body shop) said they could not find a replacement for it and that Jeep no longer makes this part.

What I'm wondering is, if any of you guys have some good leads to an internet store or something similar where I might be able to buy one.

If it at all possible, I'd like to get one that matches the tan cloth interior, but that's not necessarily a requirement.

Thanks for any help.

taylonr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2007, 09:27 AM   #2
96' Jeepy

If all else fails look for a Chrysler Lebaron from the early 90's. There ohc was almost identical. As for replacing the keyles portion, you might have to go aftermarket. Hope this helps.
96' Jeepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2007, 09:36 AM   #3
i 8 my xj
1997 XJ Cherokee 

module

keyless entry module for a 96 with overhead console is still available from jeep..

part # 56007164 there in milwakee, list prie is $224.00. does not come colored....
i 8 my xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2007, 10:47 AM   #4
caspergotaz28

What's your location Taylon? Last weekend in a Houston pick-a-part I saw a perfect tan 95 or 96 overhead console with keyless-black-marble-thingy.
Unread 03-07-2007, 10:56 AM   #5
LEAD_NOT_FOLLOW
Web Wheeler
1989 XJ Cherokee 

I have one (not covered) I'd part with. PM me with an offer if your interested.
LEAD_NOT_FOLLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2007, 07:58 PM   #6
taylonr

Just to clarify, they found a keyless entry, I'm looking for the console that it goes in.

I'm in KY, but they supposedly searched 2 national databases...whatever that means.

I'll talk to the guy at the shop to see if he could find a lebaron matching one.

Thanks guys.
Unread 03-07-2007, 08:11 PM   #7
mortalenema
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Did you do a search on eBay for "jeep overhead console"?

I saw some on there, but I am not sure what the '96 had up there.

Got any pics?
mortalenema is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2007, 07:24 AM   #8
taylonr

I did do an ebay search. At the time I was only looking for tan so that it would match. I should go back now that I might not be so picky.

I don't have any pics, and the car is still in the shop so I can't go grab any.

Thanks
Unread 03-08-2007, 11:11 AM   #9
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylonr
they supposedly searched 2 national databases...whatever that means.
That just means they missed any that are not at fully computerized junk yards. Get the Yellow pages and go to all the yards in your area. A good condition used console should cost less that $50.00 and come complete with the circuit board for keyless. All you need to remove it is a screwdriver.

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.