HELP!!!! 91 jeep cherokee 4.0 Extremely Rough Idle - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > HELP!!!! 91 jeep cherokee 4.0 Extremely Rough Idle

2003-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight Dark Background wiOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Wheel Bearing & Hub Asse

Unread 04-16-2005, 08:04 PM   #1
dspivey

HELP!!!! 91 jeep cherokee 4.0 Extremely Rough Idle

I changed the alternator in my jeep and ever since then it has run extremely rough. Starts fine, idles rough, runs rough and getting worse. It doesn't seen to be shifting properly. Around 40-45 mph it starts to bog down and run really rough, I have to floor it to get it to shift down to be able to get it back up to speed and shift gears.

91 Jeep Cherokee Laredo, 6 cyl, 4.0

dspivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2005, 08:09 PM   #2
CowboyPA

Go back over all of your alternator work and the area around it.. Maybe you left something unplugged or a ground wire that you didn't reattach.. Maybe you bumped something and it came loose? Maybe you somehow pinched some wires?
Check the coil wire, check all of your spark plug wires.. Make sure all of your connections are tight.. I pinched a wire once installing a transmission, ran great untill you turned on the headlights. Youd be surprised what a simple little ooops can cause

Every rose has it's Thorn, every XJ has it's leak, and every cowboy sings a sad sad song
CowboyPA is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.