Help. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Help.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Tweaks at JeepHutJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 02-12-2013, 04:33 PM   #1
izangi

Help.

My 1994 Jeep Cherokee Country has recently started to make some pretty noticeable grinding like noises, I'm suspecting a joint or bearing of some sorts because it sounds like grinding, it happened really badly as I turned into a parking spot today, like something was catching, I'm not familiar with the joints in the Cherokee but with the proper info provided I will gladly tackle this task.

Where are the CV joints located on a Cherokee? I just need some info please as to what you think this could be.

izangi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2013, 05:01 PM   #2
critmuncy99
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Searching helps me find all the info I need on this forum...
Unread 02-12-2013, 08:35 PM   #3
izangi

You imply I have just posted this without even bothering to search anything, I was hoping a friendly soul would be helpful enough point me in the direction of something useful instead of your ever so useful comment, if you don't have anything useful to say then don't even comment.
Unread 02-12-2013, 09:28 PM   #4
critmuncy99
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Could be a few things...The most common is a bad hub assembly or bad axle ujoint....or possibly both...Jack wheel off of ground,grab it in 12o'clock and 6o'clock position and check for any movement if any indicates a bad hub assembly...The axle u joint is located on the axle...I alway use a long screwdriver to check for play...
Unread 02-12-2013, 09:29 PM   #5
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I would guess what you're looking for would be the wheel bearings. Try a grease gun on every zurk you can see: each end of the track bar, drag link, and tie rod. Look around the knuckles for 2 more on each side. Pop the hood and tighten the upper shock mounts. And in the middle of your crossmember there are for nuts(in the holes at the middle) that could stand to be tightened. All these things allow play that can cause binding.
Unread 02-12-2013, 09:57 PM   #6
izangi

Ok, thank you guys, sorry if I came off a little high strung.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.