heim joint on shocks - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > heim joint on shocks

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Unread 05-30-2012, 06:08 PM   #1
JHW12084
1990 XJ Cherokee 

heim joint on shocks

i am curious if anyone has or ever heard of putting a female heim joint on the end of their shocks instead of purchasing new ones? purchasing new ones arent a problem, but i'd rather not, since my shocks are less then 8 months old.

JHW12084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 06:58 PM   #2
wgirvine
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Instead of purchasing new ones... what? New Heim joints? New shocks? If your shocks are worn out, new Heim joints on the ends won't help.
Unread 05-30-2012, 07:05 PM   #3
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

No need, rubber or poly bushings are sufficient ( and quieter ).

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 07:13 PM   #4
wgirvine
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Tim, I agree completely. I was just trying to figure out what he was talkin' about...
Unread 05-30-2012, 07:56 PM   #5
JHW12084
1990 XJ Cherokee 

no no no..... you guys arent getting what i meant. i have a 6" lift on my xj. i have skyjacker nitro shocks for the 6" lift. i also have an iro long arm kit on my xj. the 6" shocks wont let the suspension cycle and droop when flexing and limits downward axle travel. i have the synergy shock stem conversion on order to accept a loop style shock. if i add a heim joint with the stem conversion, i can add around 4" of added shock travel and will only have around 20-30 bucks in the heims, instead of 30-45 per shock. see what i'm gettin at?
Unread 05-30-2012, 08:01 PM   #6
JHW12084
1990 XJ Cherokee 

no bushings are wore out, im just trying to improvise with what i have......

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.