Heard this would work: Range Rover conversion - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Heard this would work: Range Rover conversion

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 03-26-2008, 11:28 PM   #1
danielhays_98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Heard this would work: Range Rover conversion

I came across an article a while back about someone attempting to convert their Jeep cherokee front end to the Range Rover kit. I couldn't find the site again but I did find a kit on eBay for the kit. Would it work? There would be a LOT of modification, but if someone could make it work, I think it would look pretty cool.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Range...QQcmdZViewItem

[B]Black,2 door,Automatic,I6 4.0 242,235/75/R15 Eldorado ZTR Sport tires,15" Alloy Jeep Wheels/ 5 spoke,Flowmaster Super 40 exhaust,New catalytic converter,XM Satellite radio mounted on dash,Sony Xplod CD/Radio system,Sony Xplod Speakers in doors and Sony 6x9's in back,Sony bass speaker in cargo area,Viper Keyless entry system,Clear turn signals and markers,Altezza brake lights,Back up camera with 3.5 " LCD in rearview mirror,Glow gauges white interface while blue numbers @ night,Monroe senstrac shocks,Sylvania silverstar headlights

Future mods: Brush guard, lift ??[/B]
danielhays_98xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2008, 11:33 PM   #2
hotrod01
1999 XJ Cherokee 

im sry... but why do such a thing........
Unread 03-26-2008, 11:34 PM   #3
blue96jeep
1996 XJ Cherokee 

IMO opinion it wouldnt be worth it, for one the range front end well the whole car is wider than the jeep and if you were going to do this it would have to be a whole car mod unless you like the tappered look

ryan
blue96jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2008, 11:35 PM   #4
4.0H.O.XJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod01 View Post
im sry... but why do such a thing........
Lol, I was thinking the same thing. ......Somewhere, there is a range rover owner converting his front end to an XJ..........
4.0H.O.XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2008, 11:37 PM   #5
XJ2000
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Please don't...

Trail Rig: 2000 XJ w/ 4.5" RE SF, Locked XJ D44 Rear, Locked D30, and a bunch of other things

Pavement Pounder: 2001 XJ Daily Driver, 2" BB, 245/70R16 AT's on Moabs
XJ2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2008, 11:45 PM   #6
danielhays_98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I have no intentions of doing this but I think it would look neat to see what it would be like.

[B]Black,2 door,Automatic,I6 4.0 242,235/75/R15 Eldorado ZTR Sport tires,15" Alloy Jeep Wheels/ 5 spoke,Flowmaster Super 40 exhaust,New catalytic converter,XM Satellite radio mounted on dash,Sony Xplod CD/Radio system,Sony Xplod Speakers in doors and Sony 6x9's in back,Sony bass speaker in cargo area,Viper Keyless entry system,Clear turn signals and markers,Altezza brake lights,Back up camera with 3.5 " LCD in rearview mirror,Glow gauges white interface while blue numbers @ night,Monroe senstrac shocks,Sylvania silverstar headlights

Unread 03-27-2008, 12:03 AM   #7
srmitchell
2001 XJ Cherokee 

That'd be an insult to your jeep, haha.
srmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2008, 12:22 AM   #8
4.0H.O.XJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I wanna see a guy rice out his XJ, make it look like a one of those freakshow-looking Hondukis. Maybe a picnic table rear spoiler, some euro-trash alteezas, a yo dawg body kit, and a big chrome "type R" fart tube coming out the back. Most of us already have the black rim thing covered, so maybe some underjeep neon and and some dragon seat covers. Cut the coils so it bounces around like a circus ride. Maybe graft an entire Integra or civic front clip on just for laughs? .........Word, dawg. Nom sane? Fo' rillz, yo'.

Now THAT would be a conversion I would be willing to pay to see.
Unread 03-27-2008, 12:47 AM   #9
Meltedmechanic
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.0H.O.XJ View Post
Nom sane?
I hope i am not the only one who understood that.. know what im sayin
Meltedmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2008, 01:01 AM   #10
danielhays_98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
...some euro-trash alteezas...
You just stated that because you know that I have the "euro-trash" alteezas.

I just like them because it doesn't blend with the other XJ's. Some people like to make their vehicles unique and stand out from the rest and with that, the tail lights is what I used to create that image. Plus they look good with black.

I'm not trying to be riced up either. I'm not getting or have any of the items you mentioned in your post.

Unread 03-27-2008, 01:44 AM   #11
kingofthehill
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I wanna see a guy rice out his XJ, make it look like a one of those freakshow-looking Hondukis. Maybe a picnic table rear spoiler, some euro-trash alteezas, a yo dawg body kit, and a big chrome "type R" fart tube coming out the back. Most of us already have the black rim thing covered, so maybe some underjeep neon and and some dragon seat covers. Cut the coils so it bounces around like a circus ride. Maybe graft an entire Integra or civic front clip on just for laughs? .........Word, dawg. Nom sane? Fo' rillz, yo'.

Now THAT would be a conversion I would be willing to pay to see.
well I think this is the closest your gonna get

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/280798

your welcome
kingofthehill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2008, 01:48 AM   #12
XJ2000
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Can't bash creativity... it's not a 4x4 XJ so I guess it's ok.

Trail Rig: 2000 XJ w/ 4.5" RE SF, Locked XJ D44 Rear, Locked D30, and a bunch of other things

Pavement Pounder: 2001 XJ Daily Driver, 2" BB, 245/70R16 AT's on Moabs
XJ2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2008, 02:34 AM   #13
600dollarXJ

This is a Jeep, not a Honda Civic we're talking about here. Some jank lift, or pvc snorkle I can understand, but removing a plastic front facia and replacing it with one from a Land Rover? How about replacing it with lots of steel so you can ram things!
Unread 03-27-2008, 02:45 AM   #14
4.0H.O.XJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielhays_98xj View Post
You just stated that because you know that I have the "euro-trash" alteezas.

I'm not trying to be riced up either. I'm not getting or have any of the items you mentioned in your post.
Dude, chill. We been through this before, and by all accounts, I totally forgot about you. And urine clear alteezas look totally different on an XJ than they do on a Honda. I saw yours, we both agreed they look cool, and I forgot about it.

And I am not against rice, either. Look at my sig. I spend about half my time in Japan, speak the language, eat the food, bang the chicks and used to have a hooked up S13 black top Silvia when I actually lived there. Owned a toyota truck, I loved it. Even Japanese people (drifters) laugh at American kids and thier Hondas. To a Japanese, a Honda is an old ladie's car, and the stuff we do to them is laughable on BOTH sides of the pacific...( I mean, c'mon. A huge rear downforce wing on a FRONT wheel drive that MIGHT maybe run 13's? A huge header on a N/A V-tec? WTF?).. And Euro clear/Alteezas were OUT by about 1995 over there. But you can still find them on the full-size american stuff that they sell over there....and it looks different. Sometimes good. But not on Imports, especially economy-class cars.

Bro, I never post to insult anyone personally. And as I stated before, my opinion means crap. Im just another drunk, washed-up, faceless A-hole with nothing better to do than post pics of my ugly old XJ and be a funny moron at 2AM. Daniel hays and his euro whatevers was the furthest thing from my mind, really.

Now back to this dude's thread: Where are DANIEL HAYS' 15 inch wheels, hmmmm?
Unread 03-27-2008, 03:38 AM   #15
salimoneus

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielhays_98xj View Post
I have no intentions of doing this but I think it would look neat to see what it would be like.
it would be neat to see me shoot an arrow through my television, but i don't think too much about actually doing it because i guess it would seem pointless or something.

2001 XJ Sport 4.0L 4x4 @ CarDomain

-Rusty's 2" BB
-Durango4x4 bumpers
-Stealth "cubbyhole" subwoofer
salimoneus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.