Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Headlamp switch, parking lights, dash lights, defective switches?

1K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  bootht99 
#1 ·
Alright - I've searched for this issue, but have not been able to come up with a solution.

Pulled the dash apart to work on guage lights. This required me to take the "plunger" out of the headlight switch. When I went to put back together, none of my headlights or parking lights worked. I traced it back to a 30a blown fuse under the hood.

Headlights work now, but my parking lights don't....but....What I noticed is that if I pull the headlight switch out SLOWLY, I can find a spot where the parking/dash lights work. But if I go further (to the "detent" where the parking lights would normally be on, or to where the headlights go on), the parking lights go off.

So I figure the switch. Went to the parts store - new switch, same problem. I read a few more threads and realize maybe its a defective switch... so try to other switches, two different part stores, two more switches. Still the same problem.

Have checked all the fuses, both in cab and under hood. I really believe it should be the switch, but I'm at a loss.

Any help or ideas? Read other threads with similar issues, but no one ever reported back the issue.

See less See more
#9 ·
not yet. haven't had time too look at it. i have to get my boss too order me another switch. i'll compare it too the stock one, then see if it works.... tomorrow i think i will check out this one ground that i have a suspicion about...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.