Guages Stopped Working - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Guages Stopped Working

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 12-29-2007, 10:30 PM   #1
nitroman

Guages Stopped Working

last night they stopped working incluiding the guage lights, any how i replaced the fuse for them and thats fixed, checked rest of the fuses under dash all OK, i dont have any guages working and the headlight Off timer function is gone,,, i know that these 2 work off the same fuse but i replaced it and still nothing.

Can some one shed some light please

Pete from down under

nitroman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2007, 10:49 PM   #2
BrunoS

there is 2 fuses that run dash, methinks #2 and #5 for my 96' jeep.

what year do you have? does your radio work?
Magnaflow Muffler / High-flo Cat / MSD Coil
BrunoS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2007, 11:52 PM   #3
HeepToJeep
1982 CJ8 

I had the same thing happen and found that the wiring harness on my 89 has all of the dash units using a common ground on the drivers fender, I pulled the bolt, sanded the terminals and screwed it back down then sealed it up with a can of battery terminal spray to prevent more corrosion in the future.

Wm
HeepToJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2007, 04:38 AM   #4
nitroman

Guages not working

thanks Guys, my radio is working,,guage lights work now after fuse change, but no guage movement and the headlight 'off' timer dosent work as well, its a 95 build Cherokee 4.0 Ho right hand drive
Unread 12-30-2007, 08:15 AM   #5
creaky70
1999 XJ Cherokee 

The grounding lugs for the instrument panel have been known to be a problem. My '99 TJ gauges have gone dead a couple of times, but so far a good rap on top of the dash with a fist has got things working again.
creaky70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2007, 06:21 PM   #6
nitroman

I unscrewd the ground lug that runs from battery terminal to the inner fender and cleaned it then i did the same on tthe other side inner fender (U.S. drivers side-Australian passengers side,,,our cars are R/H drive) its made no diff !! Any other clues or ideas,,,, please help,,,,,,,,Happy New Year to you all from Pete in Melbourne Australia

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.