GRRR! Turn signals not working! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > GRRR! Turn signals not working!

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-15-2013, 05:32 PM   #16
tmsbandman
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Geez! About to throw in the towel. Spent a few hours on it today, but no luck. I have replaced multifunction, ignition switch, and relay. Is there anything electrical in the actual lock cylinder? It looks like it's all just mechanical until it reaches the actual switch. I don't see any wires or contacts on it. Hate to pay someone to fix it, but this is my son's "learner vehicle."

tmsbandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 08:22 PM   #17
bamasteeler
1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsbandman
Geez! About to throw in the towel. Spent a few hours on it today, but no luck. I have replaced multifunction, ignition switch, and relay. Is there anything electrical in the actual lock cylinder? It looks like it's all just mechanical until it reaches the actual switch. I don't see any wires or contacts on it. Hate to pay someone to fix it, but this is my son's "learner vehicle."
No I don't believe there is anything electrical in the cylinder lock. But is possible for the inside of cylinder to b worn out to point it's not pulling and pushing the push rod that is connected to the ignition switch. That happened on my CJ when I first got it. May be a pain but if you can access your steering column to see if the rod is placing the ignition switch in proper position in relation to key position.

Door locks if I remember correctly....the passengers door is the master(first in line after fuse) and all the other door locks are fed from there. Maybe that will get you in good start position on that??

Still no blinkers???? Might b point where you have to ring out wires from one connector to next to make sure you don't have a broken wire somewhere.

1999 XJ CLASSIC
RC 3" front AAL rear
bamasteeler is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.