good buy or not - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > good buy or not

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 02-12-2013, 08:29 PM   #1
crzmn1
1998 ZJ 

good buy or not

i am looking at getting a 1984 cherokee pioneer with the 4 cyl 5 spd has rudt and needs the carb tuned is this a good deal owner wants 700.00 for it

crzmn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 08:38 PM   #2
xjpete
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Depends how bad the rust is and does it run? If it does and you know someone who is a mechanic and can look at it,i would do that.4 cylinder Jeeps like that are no speed demons,way underpowered and not really worth it to swap engines in my own opinion.Adding bigger tires will almost really put a strain on it.
xjpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 08:42 PM   #3
crzmn1
1998 ZJ 

it has a lot of rust in the rocker panels and doors i am thinking about getting it for the wife she has a 93 cherokee that is rusted out and just plain worn out
crzmn1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.