Going to the JY for an 8.8 - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Going to the JY for an 8.8

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 07-06-2013, 12:50 AM   #76
Mike934

Ford areostar or any ranger should work for ya. Mines out of the junkyard from a ranger, my spares off a areostar. Or the other way around..the areostars on their and the rangers a spare.

I also have some rancho adjustables and some. Pro comp mx6s for sale. Pro comps were nicer, just too long for me.

Unread 07-06-2013, 01:23 PM   #77
AM92
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike934 View Post
Ford areostar or any ranger should work for ya. Mines out of the junkyard from a ranger, my spares off a areostar. Or the other way around..the areostars on their and the rangers a spare.

I also have some rancho adjustables and some. Pro comp mx6s for sale. Pro comps were nicer, just too long for me.

I picked one off an aerostar and it worked out fine! I still have to go back to one of the shops they welded the shock mounts upside down. :/
AM92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #78
AM92
1992 XJ Cherokee 

gave the 8.8 a test try and yea the lsd works good haha
Unread 07-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #79
Mike934

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM92 View Post
I picked one off an aerostar and it worked out fine! I still have to go back to one of the shops they welded the shock mounts upside down. :/
Its always something huh?
Unread 07-08-2013, 09:03 PM   #80
AM92
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Can anyone one tell me what are some cheap rims / wheels combo
Unread 07-08-2013, 09:39 PM   #81
Mike934

I'm rolling stock 15x7 "sawblades". And 2" spacers up front to clear my wj swap & 1.25 or 1.5" spacers rear. If you run stock wheels you need a 7/8" spacer to clear the calipers...or else they'll rub em.

Personally the dwindows I had were. HEAVY. I wanted steelies though.. I always liked the sawblade steelies. So I did them with spacers. I vote against aluminum wheels cause if you smash one, they will cracked or shatter. A steel one will bend. And mostly likely can be bent back with a hammer or rock to get it drive able at least.
Unread 07-08-2013, 10:04 PM   #82
AM92
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike934 View Post
I'm rolling stock 15x7 "sawblades". And 2" spacers up front to clear my wj swap & 1.25 or 1.5" spacers rear. If you run stock wheels you need a 7/8" spacer to clear the calipers...or else they'll rub em.

Personally the dwindows I had were. HEAVY. I wanted steelies though.. I always liked the sawblade steelies. So I did them with spacers. I vote against aluminum wheels cause if you smash one, they will cracked or shatter. A steel one will bend. And mostly likely can be bent back with a hammer or rock to get it drive able at least.

I recently bought 31s bfg a/t for my truck last september which has 16" rims although they are 6 lug.. what would I need to do to make it work? I was planning 35s but my 31s could see alot of life left their only 80% tread ,I never really like aluminum but instead of buying new tires I could get some decent rims especially now sinec im running 4:56s
Unread 07-09-2013, 01:49 AM   #83
Mike934

You'd have to buy 16s in 5x4.5 pattern...or adapters.... Honestly I wouldn't run 16s...on 35s I "may" bump up. To 17s because all the desert race trucks run 35/17s...so their new or lightly used tires are cheap and easy to come buy.. But only for that reason.
I'm o 33s and will be forever so 15s is what I'm running.
Unread 08-17-2013, 07:43 PM   #84
AM92
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I'm thinking about running 16" rims on 35a

Tags
8.8 , hpd30 , jeep , np231 , xj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.