Glasspacks - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Glasspacks

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 09-15-2008, 12:04 PM   #1
Pedro7
2000 WJ 

Glasspacks

ripped my exhaust off this weekend at rausch creek from the cat back and want to get a glasspack. what size do i need to get? it will be coming right off the cat. thanks!

Pedro7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2008, 02:48 PM   #2
jebmccall
1997 XJ Cherokee 

i got the cherry bomb 2 and 1/4 inch glasspack, sounds good for 18 dollarss
jebmccall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2008, 02:57 PM   #3
jackdup
1998 XJ Cherokee 

the size pipe right off my cat is 2.5..but the guy that had it before me tinkered with the exhaust so idk if thats what it is for everyone
jackdup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2008, 03:10 PM   #4
murrayman23
1987 XJ Cherokee 

does it sound good on the old 4.0?
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Blue"][COLOR="Blue"] [SIZE="3"][COLOR="Lime"][COLOR="White"]"Rusty"[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE] 1987 Jeep Cherokee XJ. 4.0L. 4X4. NP242. 3.5" RE superflex kit. RE Twin Tube Shocks. Rancho RS5000 Steering Stabilizer. Cragar soft 8's. 31" BFGoodrich A/T KO. Warrior Products Rock Crawler Bumper. Cobra CB. Firestik Firefly antenna. KC Daylighters.[COLOR="Black"]Half Herculined[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Half Navy blue[/COLOR] [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]
murrayman23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2008, 03:13 PM   #5
tigeowner
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I been wanting to put a Glass pack on my 4.0l, But I don't want something too loud or that attracts all kinds of attention(police) but yet somthing with some purrr....

Anyone running a glass pack, would you put you 2 cents in on sound...

Thanks.
tigeowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2008, 03:19 PM   #6
TwistedcaB-
1991 XJ Cherokee 

i ran a glass pack and still have it with the mounts if anyone wants it ; ) but it was too quiet for me but thats cause i think my Cats VERY clogged. so i have just the cat right now and it's bout perfect. not to loud not to quiet. cant even hear it over my tires on the highway haha
TwistedcaB- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2008, 05:07 PM   #7
jackdup
1998 XJ Cherokee 

i have the trush fully welded dumped with a cat and its not so much loud outside..but the drone inside is horrible..makes my ears pop when i get out from a ride...idk if its just because there is no tailpipe or because the muff sucks..
jackdup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2008, 06:34 PM   #8
Pedro7
2000 WJ 

so to those who have put them on, what size did you use?
Unread 09-15-2008, 06:41 PM   #9
srxj95
1995 XJ Cherokee 

i had the glass pack right off the cat mine was 2.5 also. i ran no tail pipe and was obnoxiously laud setting car alarms off goin down neighborhood streets. how ever if u get a 2.25 glass pack and run no tail pipe its not so bad. now i have a flowmaster 40 with 2.5 tail pipe and im happy.
srxj95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2008, 08:20 PM   #10
rtbxj91
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Been running a 2 1/4 glass pack off the back of my cat for 6 years now. Has a nice low but meaty tone. I'm happy with it for how cheap they are. BTW they come in different lengths, longer = quieter. Mine is pretty long so its not that loud, my pipe still goes all the way to the back which also makes it quieter. With just a glass pack on the cat it was a lot louder.

"Keep it between the ditches and shiny side up"

White Jeep Club Member #989
rtbxj91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2008, 08:22 PM   #11
123mylesl
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I had custom duals put on my xj with no muffler just the cat. It sounds sweet and feels powerful
123mylesl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2008, 09:43 PM   #12
Pedro7
2000 WJ 

well i was talkin to friend and he has this. i rode in his jeep last weekend too and didnt even realize or could tell he had a performance exhaust. im gonna go with this

http://www.autozone.com/R,911900/veh...ductDetail.htm
Unread 09-15-2008, 10:29 PM   #13
95_TSi_AWD
1991 XJ Cherokee 

i have a cherrybomb glasspack from autozone. the one i used was 2 1/4 on one end and 2 1/2 on the other i think but i just welded it to my tailpipe so your mileage may vary. not very loud even with a gutted cat. even has angled inlet/outlets pipes to match up better since the stock muffler is staggered
95_TSi_AWD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2008, 02:08 AM   #14
JOeJOe
1990 XJ Cherokee 

I run a 2.5" Thrush right off the cat with no tailpipe but it resonates a lot at around 2k, crusing at 65-70... flooring it though it is really loud behind me but not in the cab,
JOeJOe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2008, 07:42 PM   #15
xj97jks
1997 XJ Cherokee 

did a search on glass packs and this thread came up...so i guess i will bump an old thread......has any one ever replaced their catalyctic converter with a glass pack or cherry bomb? can you do this? what will it sound like? just thinking of other ideas rather than just a straight pipe to replace the cat.
97 xj sport- Clayton long arm- 9" coils front- D30 w/ARB in front- 8.8 w/ Detroit locker and discs- TeraFlex Hi-Steer conversion-Durango V8 steering box- 36" IROKs- Coast front driveline- Tom Woods rear driveline- Advanced Adapters SYE- Homebrew rear bumper-JCR upper/lower quarter guards
xj97jks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.