Getting a powertrax no slip...front or rear? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Getting a powertrax no slip...front or rear?

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 11-17-2012, 04:21 PM   #1
Ekul310
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Getting a powertrax no slip...front or rear?

Like the title says, I am 90% sure I am getting a powertrax no slip. I am wondering whether I should get one for the dana 30 front or the chrysler 8.25 in the rear. My xj is daily driven and I would just like to have the added traction. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks

Unread 11-17-2012, 04:46 PM   #2
billb2011
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Wow what a truly unique post..... If its a daily driver i would think the rear would be better even though its not spooled together it still makes the steering a little tight. You will get so many different answers on this one it will make you dizzy, just go with your gut.
Unread 11-17-2012, 05:09 PM   #3
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

There are numerous front/rear locker threads and you should search for them, and read the different opinions.

I have installed a locker in the front axle of one Jeep and the rear axle of another and driven both on the 4x4 trails. A rear locker provides the greatest traction benefit. A front locker provides the best manners for on pavement driving.

Between 2009 when Obama took office, and 2013, median annual household incomes have fallen by more than $2,100.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2012, 05:34 PM   #4
djb383
1998 XJ Cherokee 

All I can offer is a totally biased opinion.....I put the PowerTrax No-Slip in the rear of our 2wd dd XJ.......luv it, it's there all the time. LOL
djb383 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2012, 05:37 PM   #5
whitexj98
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Both.
Unread 11-17-2012, 07:03 PM   #6
Ekul310
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for all the info guys. I'm efinitely leaning towards the rear to get the most bang for my buck since I doubt I'll be getting a second any time soon.
Unread 11-17-2012, 07:13 PM   #7
djb383
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Just remember to never ever take your eyes off the road/street.......pay no attention to those 2 black marks and that chit eatin' grin in your rear view mirror.

Here's a decent video showing the advantage of a auto-locker. Forget that it says Eaton G80, that's just a brand/model name......PowerTrax No-Slip is a brand/model name.

djb383 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2012, 08:28 PM   #8
Rob 99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitexj98 View Post
Both.
X2

07' WK Silver 5.7 QD2, Bilsteins & front strut plates.
Rob 99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
locker , powertrax

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.