General technical question about my 97 XJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > General technical question about my 97 XJ

Corbeau Seats & Harness from CCOR!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Bds suspension discount

Unread 04-10-2013, 09:42 PM   #1
commander0374
1997 XJ Cherokee 

General technical question about my 97 XJ

I am currently in the process of saving up to overhaul my suspension. That being said, I am looking for things I can do to my XJ that really don't cost much.

Here are my questions:

What can I remove from my XJ besides the AC unit to get it as down to bare bones as possible? My thought process is that the less electronics I have the less there is to go wrong.

Is there some guide I can go by to swap out my steering wheel for one that doesn't have the Cruise control buttons (mine CC doesn't work anyway)?

My backup lights do not work. I was going to mount a rear facing spot light and just run it to a switch. How can I hook this up so it is done correctly?

The same goes for my fog lights. How can I replace the factory ones to spot lights that I want to mount on my roof and use the same switch?

commander0374 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.