Gauges drop ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Gauges drop ?

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wHalloween Savings to die for!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 05-02-2013, 05:19 PM   #1
davidkusma

Gauges drop ?

99 Cherokee sport.

sometimes while driving my air bag light stays on and all of my gauges drop down to 0 and it cuts in and out. anyone have any idea why that's happening

forumrunner_20130502_191919.jpg
this is me driving on a highway lol

davidkusma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2013, 05:54 PM   #2
sluff28
2001 XJ Cherokee 

possible loose connections behind dash
sluff28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2013, 05:58 PM   #3
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Do this - www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/fix-your-tjs-dead-gauges-write-up-179282/ -. The TJ and the XJ are very similar.

Between 2009 when Obama took office, and 2013, median annual household incomes have fallen by more than $2,100.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2013, 06:08 PM   #4
Nhagar

kinda hi-jacking the thread a little here.

I am having the same issue. Got a 98 Cherokee 4.0L Right Hand Drive model. Yes I deliver mail and I have probably turned the wheel full rotation a million times.
I have been told common issue on cherokees and grand cherokees that the "Air Bag Clockspring" will short circuit and cause gauges to die and/or airbag light come on. It will also cause TPS sensor to read incorrect voltage and confuse PCM.
not sure if any truth to this at all.
I have also noticed that when my gauges die some times they come on and go off by where my wheel is postioned(Turning or going straight). also Sometimes I can jiggle the windshield wiper switch and it comes back on. Haven't opened up the steering wheel yet to examine any wires. Maybe a possible loose connection in wiring along steering shaft? or Clockspring?
was searching through forums saw this and thought I would add to it and ask if it is a possible cause instead of starting another thread with same issue.
Nhagar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.