Fuel Sending Unit HELP PLEASE HELP!!!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Fuel Sending Unit HELP PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 07-01-2013, 07:48 AM   #1
Citylimitsauto

Fuel Sending Unit HELP PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Hello everybody and thanks for welcoming me in. This is my very first post so I hope that I am posting this in the right area. Well here it goes.......... I recently obtained a 96 CHEROKEE Sport. The truck does have some issues that need to be attended to but all in all its nice and was well worth it. I have been driving the truck but have smelled gas. Well the other day the flood gates opened. I found out that on top of the newish gas tank the fuel sending unit had been previously attempted to be repaired and was all crusty. No big deal.... OR SO I THOUGHT! Come to find out this sender is no longer available from anywhere. Dealer, aftermarket or even used!!! My question to all fellow jeep-ers is "am I S.O.L here"? Is this a lost cause or can any of you guide me in the right direction here? I am begging for some help here or even if any of you might even have a decent used one kicking around I might be able to buy.
I would like to thank everyone in advance for even taking the time to read this. Again any help would be appreciated. It's a 1996 Cherokee Sport 4.0L automatic 4wd 4 door.

Citylimitsauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 09:44 AM   #2
BassMasterCHS
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Might get a few more views if you have this moved to the technical side! Good luck!
Unread 07-01-2013, 10:45 AM   #3
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Thread moved to tech section and bumped!

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009

Vote for the Jurassic July Cherokee Of The Month!!!
chris87xj is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 02:11 PM   #4
CCKen
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Help Please Help!

Begging?

LOL

Your best bet is Ebay or the bone yards around the country. Try Craigs list for someone parting out a '96.

Man who stands in front of Jeep gets tired. Man who stands behind Jeep gets exhausted.
CCKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 03:49 PM   #5
ConnerXJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Here ya go. Hope it helps! http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/se...al&N=0&submit=

Flexin' cars for the stars and bars. 'Merica.
ConnerXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 09:32 PM   #6
thedude30425
1989 MJ Comanche 

If you just want to replace to whole thing..
http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-67646-El...pr_product_top
thedude30425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 06:23 AM   #7
rjbruzan
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Rock Auto
https://www.rockauto.com/catalog/mor...377&cc=1180314

Its like a fart in a windstorm
It smells good but thats about it

Registered Six Offender
Home of the Buzzin Half Dozen
rjbruzan is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.