Fuel Pressure reading..Help!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Fuel Pressure reading..Help!!

Jeep Tweaks at JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 07-09-2010, 09:10 AM   #1
bcusstc
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Fuel Pressure reading..Help!!

Having troubles trying to figure out what the %%%% is wrong with my XJ.

Ive done fuel pressure readings and it is 31ish with vacuum plugged in and it bounces from 31-38ish with vacuum unplugged, Wasnt sure if that should be a steady pressure or if its suppose to bounce up and down from 31-38ish.

she idles great, Starts great, just can NOT figure this out..
Ive done new plugs, wires ,rotor cap ,distb cap, fuel filter, tps, IAC, New grounds, ive unplugged and reset the CPS, replaced the fuel relay, 02 sensor,

as soon as i give it gas it will go but it has a hesitation or surge that just seems fuel related. i can floor it and it will hesitate a little bit but it will still accelerate.

Will a clogged strainer give me these hesitation issues?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bcusstc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2010, 09:45 AM   #2
Paradise XJ
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Did you adjust the TPS? On your RENIX the TPS is adjustable and should be adjusted when newly installed. That sounds like what your problem is.

http://www.greatlakesxj.com/tech/TPS.html

If you have 31 psi on the schrader valve, you should be good, doesn't sound like a fuel issue.

How did you "reset" the CPS(CKS)??
Unread 07-09-2010, 09:56 AM   #3
bcusstc
1995 YJ Wrangler 

i didnt adjust the tps i took it out of another running cherokee to be honest.
but i did check my tps before and it checked out ok.

I had unplugged the battery and the CPS for a few minutes to see if that would help as well.
i can rev it up all i want with no problems no nothing. sounds great no issues what so ever. its when i put it in drive and go do i get the hesitation. Coil maybe? Should the pressure jump up and down with the vacuum unplugged?
Unread 07-09-2010, 02:32 PM   #4
cruiser54
Web Wheeler

1990 MJ Comanche 

You absolutely have to adjust the TPS. Stop all other plans, diagnoses etc etc and adjust it with a voltmeter. Otherwise you are just peeing into the wind.
cruiser54 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2010, 03:57 PM   #5
bcusstc
1995 YJ Wrangler 

after running a volt meter on it, it shows me 4.5 volts going in and 3.8 coming out.
Unread 07-09-2010, 05:48 PM   #6
cruiser54
Web Wheeler

1990 MJ Comanche 

With that input voltage, it should be 3.78V coming out. Always take your input voltage and multiply it by .83 to get the proper output voltage on an automatic. Time to adjust your messed up TPS.
cruiser54 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
fuel , pressure , cherokee

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.