fuel injector/fuel rail question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > fuel injector/fuel rail question

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 11-16-2007, 08:02 AM   #1
LeeBee
1999 XJ Cherokee 

fuel injector/fuel rail question

I'm in the middle of changing out the manifold in my 99 xj, and upon removing the fuel rail/injectors from the top of the intake manifold 2 of the injectors came apart from the fuel rail. I've been spending way too much time trying to get those injectors back into the hole on the fuel rail where they belong but no luck. Those little o rings don't seem to want to compress enough(under human strength anyway)to pop back into place. Does anyone know what I'm talkin about and what is the trick? Is there a compression tool of some sort used to seat the injector properly? Much appreciation to the one or ones who can help.

LeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2007, 08:23 AM   #2
alexrule123
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I had one injector pop out and it is a pain to get it back in but i just pushed it in and i think i tried rotating it while pushing it in. It took me a few times to get it back in but it finally went back in.
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0L (DD)
May 2013 COTM
alexrule123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2007, 09:08 AM   #3
LeeBee
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrule123
I had one injector pop out and it is a pain to get it back in but i just pushed it in and i think i tried rotating it while pushing it in. It took me a few times to get it back in but it finally went back in.
Alot of relief and a little embarassment.., immediately after my 1st post I tryed it again and this time for the hell of it I used a small amount of grease on the o rings and aroung the opening on the rail, and wouldn't ya know it after all night both injectors popped right in no prob! A small amount of grease...
Thanks for the input man.
LeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2007, 11:39 AM   #4
wbacon
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Thats what your suppose to do...use grease..lol
Unread 11-16-2007, 12:02 PM   #5
alexrule123
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeBee
Alot of relief and a little embarassment.., immediately after my 1st post I tryed it again and this time for the hell of it I used a small amount of grease on the o rings and aroung the opening on the rail, and wouldn't ya know it after all night both injectors popped right in no prob! A small amount of grease...
Thanks for the input man.
I know how you feel, i tried and couldn't get it back in place the first time so I just walked away for a few min and tried it again and it finally popped into place
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0L (DD)
May 2013 COTM
alexrule123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.