Fuel injector clips? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Fuel injector clips?

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-28-2007, 07:06 PM   #1
Grant-vs-Lee
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Fuel injector clips?

Hi all! Newbie here.
I'm currently changing my head gasket and I ran into a problem I hope isn't too serious.
While removing the fuel rail I broke or lost most of the tiny metal clips that are between the rail and the injectors. My question is: How important are these clips and if they are vital does anyone know what they're called and where they can be purchased?

Thanks!

Grant-vs-Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2007, 08:27 PM   #2
curtjames37
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Junkyard would probably be the easiest/cheapest place to get them. You might be able to get by without them if it doesn't leak. I wouldn't take the chance though. It would suck if one started leaking and started a fire.
curtjames37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2007, 12:37 AM   #3
88_xj_hunter
1988 XJ Cherokee 

They are called "injector retaining clips" and they are mildly important. If the rail and injectors are already in place, then they don't do much. But they do keep the rail and injectors as an integral unit for installation or removal. Thats important when you are trying to "pop"all of the orings into place. Make sure you use plenty of vaseline on both ends of the injectors when installing. Pick up those clips at the stealership or the junkyard and you can put them on without removing the rail again. But ultimately, its the 3 bolts on the rail that hold it in place and the orings make the seal, not the clips.

[QUOTE=mdonohu1]i sweat your nuts. badly.[/QUOTE]
88_xj_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.