fuel injector? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > fuel injector?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 05-27-2009, 08:22 AM   #1
skip11and1
2013 MK Patriot 

fuel injector?

on my 00 XJ when the engine is warm and i got to restart it there it is a rought idle until the engine is running for a few minutes then it goes away. i thought it was a fuel injector so i brought it to a jeep dealer since im stuck down in SC until i get this figured out and they said tht the sleeve on the fuel injector is not working properly and without having to diagnose the entire engine tht is the cheapest thing to change to see if tht does it? does this sound correct?

Last edited by skip11and1; 05-27-2009 at 09:20 AM..
skip11and1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2009, 08:40 AM   #2
skip11and1
2013 MK Patriot 

i thought i t was vapor lock but the check engine light keps coming on...im stuck with a 95 15 minutes diganostic charge on top of it...ne one wanna shead ne light on the subject?
Unread 05-27-2009, 09:20 AM   #3
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

What CEL codes are stored ?

The check valve on the fuel pump is prone to failure, leading to a rapid drop in fuel pressure in the fuel rail. With modern oxygenated fuel and the high under-hood temps the Cherokee is known for, vapor lock can happen quickly in the fuel rail. Until the fuel rail refills with cool liquid gasoline, the engine will run rough and possibly misfire. The misfires can generate P0300 series CEL codes. 300 series codes are not fatal and as long as the engine runs properly and you gas MPG is the same as before I would not worry a great deal.

Clean the IAC and TB, add a can of Techron or SeaFoam injector cleaner in the next 2 gas tank fill ups.

Between 2009 when Obama took office, and 2013, median annual household incomes have fallen by more than $2,100.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2009, 09:36 AM   #4
skip11and1
2013 MK Patriot 

im already stuck with the diagnostic charge and he said that the sleeve was malfunctioning and the check engine light keeps comin on i dont know the code number but it said cylinder three misfire..should i jus get it fixed he said it would be like 115 total with the diag. charge so i mines well i guess?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.