Fuel Guage Always on E... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Fuel Guage Always on E...

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?

Unread 05-04-2013, 07:14 PM   #1
eminer42
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Fuel Guage Always on E...

But the gas light is never on. It was working normally up until a few months ago, then it started randomly dropping to E and then returning to normal after a while. Now it's just on E constantly.

Any ideas?

eminer42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2013, 07:37 PM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Either a wire harness/wire plug issue, or the sending unit in the gas tank is failed.

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2013, 07:50 PM   #3
79chiefs
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Or like mine, the float on the unit got a pinhole in it and filled with gas, either way track it through the wiring, plug, unit.
Unread 05-04-2013, 08:04 PM   #4
eminer42
1999 XJ Cherokee 

That's what I had figured but I'm not really sure what to look for when I'm testing the wiring. Which wire is which?

It's odd too that the light isn't odd, which makes me think instrument cluster.
eminer42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.