Fuel filter / pump replacement for 97's and up! - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Fuel filter / pump replacement for 97's and up!

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-16-2013, 03:24 PM   #91
Dwatts5250
1997 XJ Cherokee 

92 fuel pump i think is outside the tank, but not 100% sure, you might not have to drop it like the rest of us 97-01s.
check your fuel rail for pressure, if its squirting fuel, most likely your not gonna have to worry about the fuel pump.

Do a simple tune up first, plugs, wires, dizzy & rotor, run some octane booster thru it....or if you like white smoke...Seafoam it...lasts for a lil while then burns off. seems to solve alot of strange things

"A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of up to and including my life. That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it."
Dwatts5250 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2014, 08:45 PM   #92
Kevin108
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Just wanted to give this thread a bump. It helped me quite a bit tonight.
Unread 10-06-2014, 09:40 AM   #93
CCKen
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ99 View Post
Yes good tip on cleaning the tank... I'm not sure what Napa sells, but the parts I bought from Mike were OEM parts.. I put 2,000 miles with in a week after I did the job and it ran flawless... The thing is I called every parts store including Napa and they all said the filter was N/A.....

Not sure why the dealer is showing the regulator as a filter too....

The dealer said the only thing they sold was the regulator itself, or the whole module pump, filters, regulator, and sending unit as one part for $350.00..

Anyway hope this helps.....
Here's some data pertaining to the Fuel Pump Pressure Regulater/Filter assembly.

The Regulator does contain a filter, one of three filters in the fuel pmp module assembly. The outer filter, filter in the pump, and the one in the Regulator/Filter assembly.

If someone wants to rebuild their fuel pump, as described in this thread, they should change the Pressure Regulator/Filter assembly as well.

Pressure Regulator/Filter assembly:

Filter in the Pressure Regulator/Filter assembly:

Regulator components:

Unread 10-06-2014, 01:11 PM   #94
XJ99
Draft Line

2006 XK Commander 

I sprayed something through that (don't remember what, almost 10 years ago.)
and it poured out the other side. I also blew through it and it seemed clear.

No idea why the dealer wouldn't sell the sock. The parts I got from ebay were
Mopar. Looking back I could have just changed the sock. Since it came with
the pump, I figured I'd throw the new one on.
Unread 10-06-2014, 02:19 PM   #95
muddflow
1998 XJ Cherokee 

The fuel pump assembly requires a good fuel gauge sending unit. The Jeep potentially exhibits problems, such as stalling, etc. if the fuel ga. sending unit is faulty. Something to do with the PCM at certain times needs to know how much fuel is available. If read too low or too high potentially causes problems with certain functions related to fuel and emissions.

Last edited by muddflow; 10-06-2014 at 02:56 PM..
muddflow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.