front track bar - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > front track bar

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 03-31-2002, 09:09 PM   #1
jayhawk

front track bar

Hey everyone,
I just put a 3" Skyjacker Lift on my '93 XJ Sport. I am more than pleased with the added height I gained, but I think there is a weak link in the kit: the front track bar drop bracket. I used Skyjacker's new bracket but my front axle is pulled 1" to the passenger side. (I can tell because my bumper stops are not in the middle of the coil spring). I also heard that these brackets tend to hollow out after awhile. I know that I should get an adjustable track bar, but where is the CHEAPEST place to get one? Any other suggestions on how to fix the problem would also be appreciated. Thanks.

(P.S. for the first time lifters such as myself, do yourself a favor and make your own transfer case drop bars instead of wasting money on manufactered ones)

jayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2002, 10:22 PM   #2
EricsXJ
The Post man

2000 XJ Cherokee 

To see if your axle is off center, measure the space between the outside edge of the tire and the flare. I have heard the JKS adjustable track bar is nice if you ever need to replace yours. (BTW, I have the RE adj. track bar)

EricsXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2002, 06:09 PM   #3
CB89XJ

Rusty's sells one too. Just make sure your bolt is really snug, and it shouldn't hollow or ovalize the hole. I have one of those little brackets too, and haven't had any problems.

www.bmja.org
CB89XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2002, 03:38 PM   #4
jayhawk

Thanks to the two relpies. I decided to take off the bracket and install a new adjustable bar from Skyjacker. Let's hope this is the end of it, for now.
jayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.