Front Driveshaft rebuild questions. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Front Driveshaft rebuild questions.

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-28-2007, 06:11 PM   #1
glennv

Front Driveshaft rebuild questions.

I got a used front DS (to run with an SYE in the rear) from another XJ that had 220k on it so I plan to replace all the joints on the shaft. I pulled the U-joint that connects to the read end with no problems. Questions:

1. Does the double cardan end come apart the same way?

2. Are all the u-joints the same?

3. And what about the huge ball in the center of the double cardan, does that have to be replaced too? (There is a rubber boot looking thing on one side of the ball and it's torn.)

4. Does it need to be rebalanced?

"The Second Amendment is not about duck hunting, and I know I'm not going to make very many friends saying this, but it's about our right, all of our right to be able to protect ourselves from all of you guys up there." - Dr. Suzanna Gratia Hupp, appearing before Representative Charles Schumer's committee hearings on the assault weapons ban
glennv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2007, 06:48 PM   #2
Chris_Walker
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Sharpie has a writeup for this in the stickies...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/cv-driveshaft-rebuild-part-deux-345170/
Chris_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2007, 07:04 PM   #3
dajeepman
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks I was looking to do the same with mine..but I was not gonna sue mine as a rear DS.
dajeepman is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.