Front Drive shaft - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Front Drive shaft

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 05-23-2002, 06:01 PM   #1
Lost Soul

Front Drive shaft

I have an 87xj, that I just picked up, and was a little stumped on this. I had it in to the shop for the safety and when it was on the hoist I tried to spin the front shaft( in 2wd ), it would not spin. The truck also has a strange whine while in the first three gears, and I wondered if it might be stuck in 4x4. When I pulled out of the garage I lit up the tires in the gravel then went through some water and did it again on the pavement, the tail kicked out nice like it was in 2wd?????? If any one can tell me what is going on It would make me very happy. The only other experience I have is with my 85, which also is a command trac, but that FDS spins freely?

Unread 05-24-2002, 07:09 AM   #2
XJin96style

Ok well it probably isn't your 4x4 since if it was everytime you would make a turn on dry pavement it would pull really hard and you would be screwing up the front end. It might be the front diff check the fluid inside the diff also it could be your bearings at the end of the axle. It would be a good idea to check them.

2000 XJ Jeep sport stock
"ITS A JEEP THING, DONT TRY TO FOLLOW YOU MIGHT GET STUCK."
XJin96style is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.