Front Bumper Corner Piece - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Front Bumper Corner Piece

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 08-16-2002, 08:38 PM   #1
Glare231

Front Bumper Corner Piece

Well... one of my friends accidentally scrapped his Cavalier into my Jeep. Lucky him, mine hit him right on his impact strip. Mine, got some minor damage. It's on that plastic bumper piece at the corner. Now to find a replacement. Does anyone know where to find one? I'm going to go to a few places around here, and.. EK! maybe the dealer. So any ideas? Thanks all.

-255/70/R16s
-54mm Throttle Body/Spacer
-si/do Flowmaster 40series
-4 1/2 inlet K&N cone filter
-Custom intake
-Autolite 3923
-180 tstat
-Performance chip

'96 XJ Country "Valkyrie
-235/75/R15 Liberator A/Ts
-Flowmaster DeltaFlow 40 Series
-K&N filtercharger w/custom airtube
-Borla Headers w/ 2 1/2 inch square intercooled exhaust tip
-Accel 8mm performance wire kit w/Champions
Glare231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2002, 09:16 PM   #2
Gacherokee
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I believe I saw one on ebay this week. Do a search under jeep cherokee and you may run across it!
1997 Black XJ Sport 4x4, 1" Shackle/coil spacer lift, Ram Brush guard w/ 6in spot lights, Smittybilt Nerf bars, Class III Hidden Hitch, Elliptical Driving Lamps, Prime Wheels#234 15x8.5, 30x9.50r15, BFG AT's, JVC CD player, Alpine V12 Amp, 1-12in RockfordFosgate Subs, 5-1/4 Rockford Fosgate component speakers in doors & sound bar, Euro-spoiler, Pacesetter Cat-Back, Optima Red Top battery, HID Headlamp Conversion, Gabriel Hijacker Air Shocks on rear axle
Gacherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2002, 10:32 PM   #3
dkd

4 wheel drive hardware has got them for 13.00 bucks. www.4wd.com page 30.
Unread 08-16-2002, 10:34 PM   #4
ddoffroad
1999 XJ Cherokee 

BUMPER CAP

Yeah, you definately do not want to got to you dealer, its always so expensive.

Ebay is a good shot but there are no gurentees on quality.

The best bet is to use 4 Wheel Drive Hardware. Go to www.4wd.com, click "Cherokee", then click "Shop Cherokee", scroll down til you see "Exterior" in the left column, click "Bumpers and Carriers", select page 30&31, you will see the bumper caps in the center. You can click to enlage. There only like $13 each, much cheaper than a dealer item. That is the best way to go my man, but good luck getting them off the bumper, that a whole other story all together....

Down & Dirty Offroad: http://ddoffroad.com/
My XJ site: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2488225/
My Old XJ Site: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058746
ddoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2002, 09:44 PM   #5
amaple

For anything cosmetic, like bumper guards, etc., always buy aftermarket when you can. I wouldn't reccomend aftermarket fenders or body parts unless you figure you are going to damage them again because most aftermarket auto steel is refined in Japan and doesn't have the quality of metal that your Jeep was built with. I got in a minor fenderbender and broke my grille. The dealership quoted me $175. I found it online for $20 from an aftermarket distributor. It was identical. The only parts I buy from the dealer are parts that I simply can't find anywhere else, or parts that I need an OEM replacement for (and when I say OEM, I mean manufactured my Mopar, not aftermarket, because dealerships carry aftermarket parts too).
good luck,
adam.

1974 CJ-5 ** dual Dana 44s ** only 55,000 original miles! ** no mods yet
Adam
amaple is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.