Freeze Plugs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Freeze Plugs

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6

Unread 04-10-2006, 10:24 AM   #1
jspringer4

Freeze Plugs

Does anyone know how many freeze plugs (all) I need for a 1999 Sport, 4.0L, I6, 4WD, etc...

I think I need 1, so I'm replacing (or having replaced) all of them. Any help is much appreciated.

jspringer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2006, 10:27 AM   #2
Matt Gertsch
www.lp.org

1999 XJ Cherokee 

I think there are 3 or 4. Why not just go count them?
Unread 04-11-2006, 07:36 AM   #3
jspringer4

Even better, does anyone know where to get the set. Even the dealers where I am don't seem to be sure about what I need (or how many anyway). There are different sizes though and they supposedly come in a kit.

Thanks for any help.
jspringer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2006, 08:12 AM   #4
katarn444

NAPA maybe. An engine builder will definatly have them.

K
96 Grand Cherokee dual diaphram booster, master cylinder, PV
[URL="http://userweb.suscom.net/~navitp4/index.html"]My Site[/URL]
katarn444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2006, 05:15 PM   #5
Saint18z
1992 XJ Cherokee 

why do you need them...did one pop out?....if it did make sure you have it checked to make sure it did its job and there arent any cracks
grand cherokee seats and 99xj interior
homebrew rockers/sliders
Saint18z is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2006, 07:50 PM   #6
hockey10588

Ya a couple of mine are leaking and they're a PITA to get out and the new ones in so I haven't tackled it yet but I just called my dealership and asked if they had any and went and picked them up along with a new gasket. Sometimes they're called core plugs or soft plugs so if your dealer doesn't know freeze plugs try those names.

4" rustys/RE lift - 33" muds - soft 8's - flexy flares - straight piped - rustys intake - AW4 TCU mod - a/c to OBA[/SIZE]
hockey10588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2006, 08:32 PM   #7
JeepersShaggy
1995 ZJ 

Just got the kit for my engine rebuild. You can get this kit for around $35 at most parts store. I ordered them from NAPA, they were the only ones that carried it in brass. Brass will last longer than stainless. The kit comes with all the smaller plugs that are in the head. Problem is, they do not include 2 of the plugs, the ones in the rear on the head and block.

If you wanted the larger ones for the block only, they are something like 70 cents each at Auto Zone or advance in stainless steel. 2" freeze plugs. That's all you'll need.

If memory serves, there are 3 or 4 in the side, and 1 in the rear.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.