I recycled the D35 mounts. In an effort to make it easy and keep the shocks out of harms way, I mounted them center of the axle tubing.
When I did this the JK shocks that I had been using were too long. Less than 1" from bottoming out. This was before removing the BPE's. It turns out that the original XJ shocks are a workable length. So for now, until fine tuning is done, this is what I will run.
On another note......The rear of the XJ was lifted about 1.25". This was using after market spring perches on the 8.8. I was thinking that I would have to install my SYE because my driveshaft was already looking short with the original lift.
Upon inspection after finishing the 8.8 I realized that the 8.8 is longer in the nose and actually pushed the driveshaft forward close to were it was before any lift. The only thing I had to do was take the dremmel tool to the slip yoke end of the driveshaft to allow for more angle on the u-joint. No vibes were made either.