floor rust - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > floor rust

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Yukon Hardcore Locking hubs Dana 44!! CCOR 706-207-4140Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955

Unread 06-07-2012, 07:07 AM   #1
jlsalani

2004 TJ Wrangler 

floor rust

my son's cherokee has some rust on the front floor and has come and rusted the bolt from the outboard front seat mount. I noticed on the Rayburn site for replacement parts that the floor is in 2 pieces. Do they go front and back of the front seat cross member?? I would like to replace the piece that is rusted, but I do not see any replacement cross members?? I could cap it, but is it welded in first and the floor comes after?

jlsalani is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2012, 09:04 AM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

www.Raybuck.com floor pans are the best repair parts available. The pan extends past the rear seat frame bolts. New cross members may still be available from Jeep, I bought one a year or two ago. Floor pan first, then cross member. If necessary some 1.5"x1.5" steel tube can easily be fabricated into a cross member and welded in.

REINFORCEMENT, Front Seat ( cross member ) Jeep Part number

5517 4756 Right

5517 4759 Left

Between 2009 when Obama took office, and 2013, median annual household incomes have fallen by more than $2,100.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2012, 08:49 PM   #3
jlsalani

2004 TJ Wrangler 

thanks... do you think the x-member is only for seat support?
jlsalani is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2012, 08:58 PM   #4
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

The cross member is the front seat mount, and if there is a crash you don't want both you and the seat flopping about in the Jeep.

A new cross member is $17 on-line and $25 at the local Jeep dealership.

Between 2009 when Obama took office, and 2013, median annual household incomes have fallen by more than $2,100.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2012, 01:38 PM   #5
straightedge
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I have the same problem with the floor in my XJ. I have the new floor pans, but I cant find the crossmember online anywhere. I checked Mopar Parts Overstock and Factory Chrysler Parts.com but they both have them out of stock. Any idea if i can still purchase them at a dealership? And if not, do you know where I can get one? Thanks
straightedge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2012, 01:49 PM   #6
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Call and ask, thats about the way to ask. Try rock auto and quadratec as well.
Unread 08-31-2012, 01:51 PM   #7
straightedge
1996 XJ Cherokee 

checked quadratech, they dont carry them because chrysler discontinued the part, i'll try rock auto though
straightedge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2012, 02:25 AM   #8
motorsports3
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7-Tim View Post
www.Raybuck.com floor pans are the best repair parts available. The pan extends past the rear seat frame bolts. New cross members may still be available from Jeep, I bought one a year or two ago. Floor pan first, then cross member. If necessary some 1.5"x1.5" steel tube can easily be fabricated into a cross member and welded in.

REINFORCEMENT, Front Seat ( cross member ) Jeep Part number

5517 4756 Right

5517 4759 Left
What do you mean they extend past the rear seat frame bolts? The rear of the drivers seat?

How far back do the "front" floor pans generally reach?
motorsports3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2012, 07:51 AM   #9
aguelzo89
1995 XJ Cherokee 

about 3 inches up the toeboard (behind the pedals). When I had to replace my floors I used C2CFabrication full floor panels, Cut out my seat crossmembers and just rewelded them in. Make sure you line them up and TEST FIT THEM before welding it in. TRUST ME. Good luck
aguelzo89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.