Flex-a-lite fan install newbie question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Flex-a-lite fan install newbie question

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 10-22-2004, 08:23 AM   #1
Thayer

Flex-a-lite fan install newbie question

I'm planning to install the flex-a-lite #110 fan this weekend and I was just wondering if I will need to have to empty out my radiator since I have to disconnect the hose to install the temp probe. Can I get away by just letting some coolant spill and then refilling the overflow tank?

Another question is that how come everybody leaves the old fan clutch pulley on after this modification? Is it possible to remove the whole pulley and just get a shorter serpentine belt?

Last edited by Thayer; 10-22-2004 at 10:36 AM..
Thayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2004, 10:44 AM   #2
jfw432

I'd say whether you empty it or not depends on which hose you're taking off. I am using the stock temp probe for the stock electric fan. Ran a wire from the positive lead of the stock fan to the aftermarket fans relay as my switch. When the stock fan comes on at 220°F or when the AC compressor is on the both fans kick on. Otherwise it's quiet as anything.

Yes you can get rid of the clutch pulley and even reroute the original belt and it will fit without measuring and getting new belts. The reason most don't take it off is because it's a pain in the butt and it doesn't really have any drag. All the drag was in the fan.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.