Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Fixed my stall issue...Thanks and please read...

726 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ou2mame 
#1 · (Edited)
Fixed my stall issue...Edit: Not fixed...it stalled today...

First of all let me start by saying I am a member of many forums, but 2 that I frequent are here since I own a cherokee and e46fanatics since my other car is a BMW.
The thing that irks me more than anything is all the threads people start to ask for help with an issue and never bother to post back letting anyone know that it was fixed or what the fix actually was. I sonetimes dream of being a moderator just so I can ban those posters :grin2:

So this thread is going to be a little different.....

About a month ago my jeep (96 Country 2wd auto) started acting up. I had left it home when I went on vacation. Came back and went to use it and it wouldnt idle unless I kept my foot on the gas. Drove it like that and it randomly stalled once and then started driving fine. This happened a couple times over the next 2 weeks but so random I thought it would be a nightmare to track down.

So, I did something strange...I searched this forum. No, I didnt start by posting 'help...jeep stalling...has anyone ever had this issue?'. I first went to the search bar in the top corner, typed in the word 'stall' and then read every post that came up.
The suggestions started in order were:
1. Battery...mine is new but still tested and it was fine.
2. Alternator...again, new and tests at almost 14 volts at idle.
3. IAC valve...hmmm, heres something I haven't ever checked. Suggested fix is a good cleaning with throttle body cleaner. Easy enough. So friday after work I pulled it out, cleaned all the gunk off it, also did the throttle body while I was right there.
Guess what! Jeep runs great...hasnt tried to stall once and another benefit...it starts easier and runs smoother than it has in years.

Moral of my long winded story?
Pretty much every issue your jeep might have has already been discussed and diagnosed on these forums.
And please...if you do ask for help, post back that its fixed. It will help the posters who DO search.

Thanks to everyone who contributes to this forum. :highfive:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.