First Cherokee Project - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > First Cherokee Project

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-03-2006, 01:38 AM   #1
ImStillAlive

First Cherokee Project

I recently bought a 2000 Freedom Edition Cherokee with a quite a bit of damage. I'm interested in fixing and building her up. I live approx. 25 minutes away from the Rocky Mtns and they yearn to be driven on! The previous owner explained that she's been in an accident where she went off a hill and flipped onto the right side as well as a vandalism attack.
Damage List:
- Liftgate has broken window and large dent ( from vandalism )
- Windshield has many cracks
- Entire right side of body has dents, I'd like to repair the biggest ones, I'd need a new fender, a new body piece that surrounds the grill, and a new bumper.

I'm most concerned with not having a back window, I've visited a few junkyards unsuccessfully and have searched online for a cheap new ( or used ) lift gate. I'm not so inclined to spend a G on a new one. Its proven difficult for me to find a liftgate that fits the Freedom Edition. The shape of the Freedom looks to be less boxy than the regular Cherokee's so I'm not sure about putting a liftgate on from a regular Cherokee. If anyone has suggestions to where I could locate a new rear hatch as well as the damaged body parts I'd appreciate it.

ImStillAlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2006, 01:46 AM   #2
kairo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImStillAlive
I recently bought a 2000 Freedom Edition Cherokee with a quite a bit of damage. I'm interested in fixing and building her up. I live approx. 25 minutes away from the Rocky Mtns and they yearn to be driven on! The previous owner explained that she's been in an accident where she went off a hill and flipped onto the right side as well as a vandalism attack.
Damage List:
- Liftgate has broken window and large dent ( from vandalism )
- Windshield has many cracks
- Entire right side of body has dents, I'd like to repair the biggest ones, I'd need a new fender, a new body piece that surrounds the grill, and a new bumper.

I'm most concerned with not having a back window, I've visited a few junkyards unsuccessfully and have searched online for a cheap new ( or used ) lift gate. I'm not so inclined to spend a G on a new one. Its proven difficult for me to find a liftgate that fits the Freedom Edition. The shape of the Freedom looks to be less boxy than the regular Cherokee's so I'm not sure about putting a liftgate on from a regular Cherokee. If anyone has suggestions to where I could locate a new rear hatch as well as the damaged body parts I'd appreciate it.
I bought a working hatch with good lift shocks from a local U-pull it. Cost me $200 if I remember correctly

Edit: my jeep is the old body style. Your results may differ, sorry
kairo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2006, 08:17 AM   #3
iowaneedshills
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Windshield is an easy fix. $80-120 and someone will come do it for you!
iowaneedshills is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2006, 08:43 AM   #4
g0dz1ll4

Look around and you should find one way cheaper than that - our local pull n save only charges $25 or so.
Unread 04-03-2006, 09:21 AM   #5
RWB214

I believe that any 97-01 hatch will fit on yours. I'm pretty sure they are all the same. And steel too! the 84-96's are fiberglass
RWB214 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.