Fender Trimming - Can I Still Use Original Fender Flare Once Done? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Fender Trimming - Can I Still Use Original Fender Flare Once Done?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-09-2010, 02:20 AM   #1
casbboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Fender Trimming - Can I Still Use Original Fender Flare Once Done?

I have a 3.5" lift on my XJ and took the chance of fitting 32"x11.5" tires. They look great, they work great, but they definitely rub the fender a bit.

So I'm guessing a need just a bit of trimming. So my question is, when only a little is cut off, can I still use the original Fender Flares or is it time to go shopping? (for something like bushwacker).

I've attached a link to a photo of my XJ with the new tires/wheels.

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/...y/IMG_0523.jpg

Thanks
Ryan

casbboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2010, 05:27 AM   #2
1990JEEPXJ
Web Wheeler

1990 XJ Cherokee 

you can trim and then drill new holes to mount the stock flares up a little higher.

My POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Yea, and I thought it was one of the 11 Commandments:
11) Thou shalt love, cherish, and honor till death, thine square headlights above all other earthy things sayith the Lord.
1990JEEPXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2010, 05:27 AM   #3
mosh-n-roll
2009 JK Wrangler 

I read a pretty good write up on exactly what you're looking to do. It is possible to use the factory flares after trimming the fenders. I don't remember where I saw the write up, but I'll try and find it for ya
mosh-n-roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2010, 05:31 AM   #4
mosh-n-roll
2009 JK Wrangler 

Didn't have any luck finding the write up I saw before, but I found another. Hopefully it'll help you out.

Front Fender Trim Write Up (Retaining the stock flare) - NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association
mosh-n-roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2010, 06:58 AM   #5
Kevin108
2000 XJ Cherokee 

EricsXJ has done it so PM him or maybe try searching through his threads. This was the only pic I could find.

Unread 12-09-2010, 10:58 AM   #6
casbboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Awesome. Sort of relieved. While I do like the Bushwackers a lot, I have nothing against the fender flares I have now.

Cheers!
Ryan
casbboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.