Failed CA Smog on NOx - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Failed CA Smog on NOx

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 03-28-2002, 12:02 PM   #1
lordgrommit

Failed CA Smog on NOx

88 Limited XJ 4.0 Auto.. failed only the NO test badly at about 1400 each should be 1200 at 15 mph and 800 at 25.. The CO and HC where very good way below mins ... So I think the cat and the engine is good just something in the NOx system.. any help out there ?

Thanks

Matt

lordgrommit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2002, 08:08 AM   #2
CozmoClassic

I just had my XJ inspected a few weeks ago. The guy at the shop said it passed with flying colors. He also said cherokees are very hard to pass because the EGR valve is junk. I would try that first, it should be an easy fix.
3" lift in future with 31 M/Ts
CozmoClassic is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.