I get that I might forget but why would you have bright lights and fogs on at the same time? Seems like it would defeat the purpose. But lets assume I do go ahead and install the cutoff, since I am using a upgrade headlight harness, I am wondering if I would run into the problem of the bright lights staying on. Here is how the FSM says to install the cutoff harness.
19) Remove red jumper from fog lamp switch harness (Item 3) and discard. Connect this 2•way male insulator on the fog lamp switch harness to the 2¬way female insulator on the high-beam cutoff harness (Item 4). The wile colors should correspond ~ black/yellow to Black/yellow black/tan to black/tan.
20) Remove female 2-way insulator from fog lamp switch harness and discard. Locate 2-wayfemale insulator on the high-beam cutoff harness, remove locking wedge, and insert yellow wire previously routed into the passenger compartment from under the hood. Reinstall locking wedge. Connect this insulator with the male insulator on the fog lamp switch harness -yellow to yellow, black to black. At this point, the wiring assembly wJ11 have three (3) Un-terminated wires and one If) ring terminal to install
21) Locate an existing ground screw and install remaining ring terminal.
22) Locate connector to the left of the steering column. Loosen connector for easier access to wires. Locate red/gray wire from cavity D4:
23) Splice and solder and tape red/graywire from the high-beam cutoff harness to this wire. Re-install connector.
24) Locate connector to the right of the steering column. Loosen connector for easier access to wires. Locate the black/yellow wire from cavity 45 and the orange wire from cavity 43.
25) Splice and solder and tape the black/yellow wire from the switch harness to the black/yellow wire• from cavity 45. Splice and solder and tape the orange wire from the switch harness to the orange wire from cavity43. Re-install connector.
26) Connect 4-way switch insulator to the fog lamp switch. Install accessory switches to the new switch bezel assembly to the instrument panel.
27) Secure wire assembly under dash with straps provided (Item 8).
Fog lamps will only work with the park lights or head/amps ON and set to low BEAM the fog lamps will cut off when headlights are set to HI6If.BEAM. The indicator lamp in the switch will only light up if the park lights are ON or head/amps are on low~ BEAM and the switch is ON.
28} Re-connect negative battery cable and test for operation.
29) Re-install center bezel, steering column opening cover, and knee blocker.