Exhaust Pipe - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Exhaust Pipe

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 01-27-2004, 07:13 AM   #1
TPG013

Exhaust Pipe

I ahve the 4.0 and have to redo my entire exhaust system. How hard is going to be to get the engine pipe off? The nuts look pretty rusted. They also look like the go through the flange. So if I break one all I have to do is replace it. Am I right here or is this just wishful thinking.

TPG013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2004, 08:42 AM   #2
SpikeSpeigel

If memory serves me right then yes, it is one long bolt on each side of the flange that goes all the way through between both the male and female flanges. Just use some PB blaster (not when the exhaust is hot). Air tools would also be a plus. Good luck
[SIZE=1]RE 5.5" front coils, TNT Customs Y-link radius arm kit, S-10 rear leaves, RE .75" shackles, ORO u-turn steering, SYE/CV driveshaft, YJ brake lines, 33" BFG MT's, K&N drop-in, Flowmaster 40 series, Tow hooks, Trimmed fenders, M.O.R.E. motor mounts, TNT Customs frame stiffeners, RE HD trackbar/mount, Autometer Trans temp gauge w/ pillar pod
[/SIZE]
"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken!!"
[CENTER]-Tyler Durden[/CENTER]
SpikeSpeigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2004, 09:01 AM   #3
n1ywb

I'd be scared to take exaust bolts out without a torch.
n1ywb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2004, 12:53 PM   #4
TPG013

If one of the bolts breaks,can it be easily replaced? Or is it more like a stud. From the looks of it the bolt drops through both flanges. So should it break all one would have to do is get a new one and drop it in.
Unread 01-29-2004, 09:42 AM   #5
TPG013

Someone here must have done this before. Appreciate any help.
Unread 01-29-2004, 08:49 PM   #6
XJCHIEF

i have done this and the bolt is replacable but with an impact it will come right off or break
XJCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2004, 01:36 AM   #7
illyba18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPG013
I ahve the 4.0 and have to redo my entire exhaust system. How hard is going to be to get the engine pipe off? The nuts look pretty rusted. They also look like the go through the flange. So if I break one all I have to do is replace it. Am I right here or is this just wishful thinking.
What did it cost you 2 redo your exhaust system? I have many holes in mine I am guessing, now that it is winter I am noticing alot of exhaust coming from the bottom of my jeep as well as the tail pipe!!
illyba18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2004, 08:31 AM   #8
TPG013

Quote:
Originally Posted by illyba18
What did it cost you 2 redo your exhaust system? I have many holes in mine I am guessing, now that it is winter I am noticing alot of exhaust coming from the bottom of my jeep as well as the tail pipe!!

I'm getting it from www.rockauto.com, thanks to someone here. All told including shipping it's about $225. That includes clamps and hangers. Not a bad deal.
Unread 01-30-2004, 10:34 AM   #9
illyba18

Quote:
I'm getting it from www.rockauto.com, thanks to someone here. All told including shipping it's about $225. That includes clamps and hangers. Not a bad deal.
Yeah but I live in Canada, shipping is as much as the product from the USA to Canada
Unread 01-31-2004, 02:54 AM   #10
mrknocke

Quote:
that sounds like a good price for a complete exhaust system. a shop around town charges 350 for a cat back system for our truck (chevy, 3 chamber, dual exhaust). its a bit different but still that is a good price.

just a side note...my chevelle cost me about 400 for a complete dual exhaust system installed (flowmaster 2 chamber).
[URL=http://oregonstate.edu/~kronckem/flex1.jpg]Flex #1[/URL]
[URL=http://oregonstate.edu/~kronckem/flex2.jpg]Flex #2[/URL]
[B]-1996 XJ Country -[/B] [SIZE=1]4.0 L6, Command trac t-case, RE 3.5" Super Ride, 31" Cooper S/T, K&N filter, spicer u-joints, custom box in back[/SIZE]
[B]-1965 Chevrolet Malibu SS -[/B] [SIZE=1]350, 4-speed, lots of other goodies my hard earned money went to!![/SIZE]
mrknocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2004, 12:11 AM   #11
illyba18

So what kinda shock would you go with? What is a good shock for a good price? It is shocks all around right????
I guess I am looking for a good ride for a good price. I live in Canada so I need to buy here, to get it shipped from the states is the same as the product.
Unread 02-01-2004, 12:20 AM   #12
JeepXJ12

I had my Dodge truck exhaust done for $250 installed....Guy just does exhaust only and is dirt cheap...Man does he know what he is doing....Too bad I had to sell the truck...(SpinTech Dual Exhaust, cat, 2 2 1/2" toners, no headers though not needed)

Quote:
So what kinda shock would you go with? What is a good shock for a good price? It is shocks all around right????
Shocks??? Where did that come from??? I'll answer your question though....I would personally go with a longer shock and probably Rancho....I run Monroe SensaTrac on mine now and love em....The prices on www.rockauto.com were good for shocks...If you want a nice shock I'd say spend bout $40-$50 a shock....And yes it is 4 shocks all the way around...If you are planning to get a lift then get the longer shocks as I said earlier...
SmittyBuilt Brush Guard
ProComp 2" BB lift
Monroe SensaTrack Shocks
[URL=http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/499297]My Jeep[/URL]
[URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=436360]The Almighty 2" BB Jeep Club Member #27[/URL]
"This Jeep is going in Deep and coming out dirty and wet"......
Black Jeep Club v2.0 Member #12
JeepXJ12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.