Exhaust help needed quickly - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Exhaust help needed quickly

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Artec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!

Unread 05-25-2013, 12:58 PM   #1
Riley/MN
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Exhaust help needed quickly

Hey all - I'm in the middle of a manifold swap. The flange on the new manifold is 3/32 thinner than the old one, and the bolt locks down onto the intake & exhaust together. So now the washer sits at an angle. Other than sending the maniflod back and coming back at it another day, what are my options?

http://www.traditionalmuzzleloadingassociation.com
Riley/MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #2
cory4um
1999 XJ Cherokee 

File down the fatter piece?

Cut some washers in half and use as spacers?

I don't know really..
cory4um is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 05:01 PM   #3
wgirvine
1992 XJ Cherokee 

You really have no options. Return the poorly made manifold and buy a properly made unit. Might as well fix it right the first time...

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.